Chapter 4: Resolves

Salad fingers awoke in his house. He wondered if everything that had happened with Shrek.

He woke up to Shrek sitting across the room from him. He Started to breath heavily but tried to keep composure.

Shrek nervously smiled at him.
"You fainted infront of your door so I had to bring you in"

Ok I musnt get so upset...Salad fingers thought

"W-well...I-I uh" It was no use. As much as he tried salad fingers couldn't get the words out on his own.

"Why did ya faint?" Shrek asked while staring at Salad Fingers with a look of concern.

Salad fingers took a deep breath. Which was something he hadn't done in a long time.

The fact that he was aware of Shrek being real changed his tone from kind to serious. With an almost emotionless look on his face, Salad fingers finally spoke

"Mr Shrek I-I think it's about time I showed you the door" he said. Shrek looked suprised. "Why?" Shrek asked?

Even though Salad fingers didn't really want him to depart from him, he didn't know how to deal with him. The thought terrified him. He didn't know what was real or what was fake anymore.

"H-How shall I know you really exist?" Salad Fingers said while shaking.

Shrek shrugged still in disbelief as to what was going on. Shrek didn't really understand what exactly he was getting at. Assuming it was a joke of some sort he decided to play along?

"Who knows?" Shrek said,"Maybe everything is an illusion. Maybe I'm not even an ogre!" He said laughing
Still not understanding that salad fingers wasn't real.

He slowly rested his head for a moment he forgot what was happening and his worries almost faded away.

For a moment it was almost like he had forgotten everything or at least his feelings towards it. Things like this happened every once in a while. Almost like it was his sanity slowly fading away, carelessly. 

"Mr Shrek I am pleased you are present however is there a reason for you to be here?" He noticed Shrek jump slightly with a startled expression.

"Yeah your correct alright! We did find ya home!" Shrek laughed seemly nervously. "But we don't have to end our friendship." Shrek said

Suddenly salad fingers noticed Shrek slowly get up. "I guess I'll be going on then. You must know where my place is located by now so if you ever need anything just stop by." He said leaving.

Salad fingers felt sorrow but only for a moment as his emotions shifted to careless and eccentric yet again. His sadness had faded away almost completely and he quickly forgot about Shrek.

But inside him he still felt that sadness...

A week later, when his awareness came back to him,  he realized he had forgotten the metal Shrek gave him in Shrek's house.

He decided he should get it. After all Shrek said to come by whenever he needed anything. And even though he didn't realize it directly he was excited to see Shrek again and the fear of Shrek being near him was fading.

But the fading wasn't because of his sanity but because of something entirely different but he couldn't but it into words himself.

"Alright I am going to pay a visit to Mr Shrek to retrieve my rusty pleasantries." He said to himself as
He slowly made his way towards Shrek's home to visit him once again.