Chapter 8: Lovers

A few hours later,Shrek woke up.
He wondered if what happened was all a dream or not. Since he was just asleep, his memory was a bit hazy but soon the memories of what him and salad fingers had done together hit him like a brick.

His face flushed with embarrassment but he soon tried to conceal that embarrassment even though nobody was there.

Calm down will ya? He thought to himself

He wondered if salad was still there.
He had heard the humans discussing once about how men would run off after "making love" though he never had the best idea about what that exactly meant until now.

He looked to his side to see salad sleeping peacefully. Still with no pants. Without fully realizing he started thinking about the other male and what other sounds he could make. He thought about holding his slender body carefully and watching him loose himself in shrek's hands.

He quickly realized what he was doing and discarded the thought as soon as he heard salad fingers slowly get up from bed.

Salad fingers stretched his arms and his long fingers as he yawned. He scratched his head half asleep and looked at Shrek with his eyes barely opened.

Once he saw Shrek, his eyes widened and His face began to turn a faint shade of red but it wasn't as noticeable as Shrek due to the difference in Green complexion.

Shrek threw him his pants and turned his head slightly away as the other boy changed.
Even though he'd already seen everything, He felt like maybe it would be best to make the situation was less awkward.

"My thanks, Mr Shrek" Salad said quietly.
"You don't have to a-avert your gaze now., m-mr Shrek" He said in his raspy tone. Although he sounded a lot more timid and soft than Shrek had usually heard him. Maybe he was nervous too?

"May I ask a question,Mr Shrek" Salad asked.
Shrek took on a firm and tough gaze to hide his nervousness and looked back at salad
"Ya? What is it?" He asked.

"Well uhm.. " Salad gulped. He looked down at himself then at Shrek.
"I am not as familiar with these types of..Pleasantries as I..u-used to be but perhaps.."

Salad's nervous expression turned into one more serious but with a noticeable desperation in his eyes if you looked hard enough.

-"Are You and I lovers?"-

"Well I guess so?" Shrek answered defensively while trying to shrug it off like nothing. He definitely wanted to say yes but he was scared of scaring salad fingers away.

"I must know for certain, Mr Shrek!" Salad exclaimed. His face suddenly made a different expression suddenly as if it almost wasn't him at all.

Shrek had never seen him like that before. He had seen him having a meltdown but never angry. Or had he? Though they had met for only a small amount of time it felt like they had known each other for longer.

"I need to make sure you won't be a c-cheating hussy and leave me for the next great war to come!"
Salad said pointing at Shrek with a raspy tone that was more harsh than usual.

"I wouldn't do that-" Shrek said trying to sound tough as he blushed with embarrassment. What's he talking about? Shrek wondered for a second before shrugging it off.

"Are you a-absolutely c-certain about that?"
Salad asked.

"Yes. Because I love you,Salad Fingers" Shrek hugged Salad fingers. Salad kissed him softly on the lips again and again until they fell asleep for the night.