Chapter 1: Arrival

Shrek had decided he would start his journey to find an ogre he traveled for about a month until he found a secluded area.

The area was a tiny area of grass and mud with some swamps while there was a huge desert next to it.

It was strange to see polar opposites near each other like that.
After a while he built a house made out of wood and moss and settled there.

After he was done setting up his house. a couple weeks later, the house had become his home. And he was already accustomed to it even though it had been only a short time. Like usual night had arrived and he went to sleep.

When he woke up,Shrek prepared for another lonesome day. He grabbed his clothes and put them inside of his drawer as he dove into the mud bath he had prepared outside.

"Ahhhh" He sighed in relief
"This is nice, just me and some nice mud" He stood there and stared up at the sky

Staring at the beautiful sky made him feel almost better about his situation. Although he would never admit something like that. Well it's not like he had anyone to admit that too anyway.

He closed his eyes slowly and drifted off into a nap. until he heard a voice in the distance.

"Helllooo..?" In the far distance a voice called out. The voice sounded slightly raspy but calm but creepy at the same time.

He stood awake as he dived into the pool of mud. He didn't need any humans bothering him while he was in his bath.

He lifted his head shortly above the mud to make sure the human wasn't going towards his mud bath.

His eyes were blurry and he couldn't make out who was there all his saw was a small framed figure with a shade of green.

The person was behind trees so it would make sense he would appear green. Especially with his eyes seeing them blurry because of the mud.

He wiped his eyes eager to see what was somewhat near him

He opened his eyes expecting to see a human but same a figure similar to his. Green skin, but darker. And strange long fingers and thin legs.

The more he looked at him, he noticed how different they were but they were still both green. Could he be another ogre? Has he finally found someone just like him after all this time.

The creature was picking leaves from the trees in front of him. Shrek gathered up the courage to approach him.

He stood in shock as he got up and reached him. For some reason he couldn't make out words as he akwardly stood in front of him with his mouth and eyes open

"Helllooo..." "Do u know where I can find something rusty?" The creature said

Shrek had recalled seeing a metal piece from an old carrige in the area he slowly crept towards it while extending his hand to give it to the creature, it spoke.

"How wonderful you are truly lovely" he said in a raspy voice. The voice had sounded slightly eary but it was still nice to have company even though Shrek was to embarrassed to even speak to him. He tried opening his mouth but no words came out.

It was like the creatures presence had overwhelmed him not knowing what words to come out he gave up and gazed apon salad fingers. Who while stroking the rusty metal with a smile had began to follow him towards his house.

The two walked together until the creature had apprubtly stopped. Shrek noticed he was looking at his house. Specifically,the area he had marked "Shrek" onto

"So that is your name,yes?" The creature asked. Not knowing how to properly respond,Shrek hesitantly nodded. What was with him,anyway he was usually so confident. Why was he acting so nervous he can't even speak?

"Ohh ok" the creature said.
Suddenly he raised his strange looking fingers and gently held Shrek's hand.

"I am called Salad Fingers" he said as he stroked Shrek's hand with one hand and stroked the piece of metal with his other hand.

Shrek smiled. He hoped him and salad fingers could stay friends or become them anyway. He was hoping salad fingers wouldn't leave after the conversation.

"I am quiet..T-Terribly sorry to uhm ask this but.." Salad fingers stopped while looking at Shrek. He faced the other way almost avoiding eye contact from Shrek. Was he embarrassed? Shrek thought. No way there really is no way something that weird would be happening

After the sudden pause salad fingers continued. "You see I am quite terribly tired." He said looking at Shrek " I wondered off while looking for nettles and I am afraid I can't find my way b-back" He walked towards shrek.
"I'd like to search tommorow so would it be alright if I were to stay here." He said as he pointed to shreks house.

Shrek wondered if that would be a good idea. But while Salad fingers's presence was certainly strange, after making a friend after so long there was no way he could possibly tell him to leave.

Salad fingers was also thin and frail
If he were even a little dangerous, Shrek knew he could easily over power him. So with no danger and only slight hesitation, he nervously nodded yes.

Salad fingers smiled "Thank you,....Shrek." he said while climbing onto the side of shrek's bed.

"Good night, Mr Shrek" he said as he fell asleep.