Chapter 3: Explanations

(You are now in the perspective of our lovely weirdo, Salad Fingers! So Enjoy! Don't worry we'll be back to Shrek soon but too soon.)

It was the next morning salad fingers felt tired he couldn't remember why he was suddenly laying in his room or what had happened the day before clearly.

His mind was still hazy all he remembered. Or all he was forced to remember was that Mr Shrek wasn't his imagination. He was real. And the thought wasn't comforting in the slightest.

Mouth words? Mouth words? Mouth words?Mouth words? Mouth words? Mouth words?Mouth words? Mouth words? Mouth words?Mouth words?

Mouth words? Mouth words?Mouth words? Mouth words? Mouth words? He Thought Repetitively.

Although he didn't have self awareness of it yet, Salad Fingers was far from normal. After The Great War, everybody he cared about was dead. He lived alone after that.

It had been such a long time since khe heard words from someone. His life was always filled with pain. It hurt. Although he didn't realize it, he was still carrying those emotions with him.

What he remembered was, The Last people he heard talk normally were his family and those weren't the most fondest memories.

He had been alone for so long, it was almost like he had gone mad.

Although he needed communication, it still scarred him and normal communication could never happen in the isolated place he lived in. At least that's what he thought..

Until he met Shrek. A bizarre looking creature in an abandoned waste land. He naturally assumed it was one of his many delusions.

So he talked for him, like he did with the other creatures he made up in his head.

He went along believing this and getting somewhat attached to his delusion of "Mister Shrek". But then Shrek spoke.

Not only with a voice he had never heard, but with morality he had never experienced. He couldn't have imagined things he didn't know fully existed until then.

He also knew it wasn't a delusion because, It had been so long since he heard a voice besides his own, that it would be impossible to convincingly imitate another.

The last people he knew hurt him and there was no way he would be able to tell if Shrek had similar intentions or not but he couldn't ignore it.

Even though his body was nearly paralyzed with fear at the presence of another person, There was a part deep within him that needed someone besides himself.

So that's why... He needed to try to talk with Shrek.