1.Death

Golden sands, magical sunsets, delicious local food and laidback locals... but... scratch beneath the surface and it doesn't take a detective to tell you that something is rotten in the state of Goa. In that rotten state, a beach which is famous for nightclubs, girls, and most of all drugs but it's not as lively as it seems... there's something strange about this beach...

16 Sept Time: 3 a.m

It was dark and particularly depressing as cold wind gusts along with the heavy rainfall. For some time, there was only the sound of rain dancing on the soil. There was not a soul on the beach, much an insect. The rain stopped slowly and now there was only dead silence surrounding the area.

A black SUV slowly arrives at Ashwe beach. The SUV stopped with a creak, and some men stepped out pulling a person out of the car. He was blindfolded, his hands and legs were tied at the back while his mouth was plastered.

Two men took a hold of him and dragged him along the wet sand, drawing lines on the ground. While doing so, they made him kneel on his knees.

The rest of the men were standing not far away, watching the show with stern expressions on their faces. One of them stepped forward and called out for their boss

"BOSS"

*Click*

With a click, the car door opened, and a person who everyone present addressed as a boss stepped out. The moment he showed up everyone's back automatically stiffened, a gesture that represents respect and submission towards him.

The boss makes his way towards the person kneeling on the ground. He soon stands in front of him.

"Unfold" he commands in a deep voice.

That deep voice was cold, powerful, and capable of frightening the shit out of anyone who listens to it.

After the blindfold was removed, the man kneeling squints his eyes due to the sudden brightness emitted by the car. When his vision adjusts to the light, his sight falls upon the black boots in front of him.

He slowly moves his eyes upwards to see the person standing before him, only to be scared silly. The moment he looks up at the cold face staring down at him he tries to beg/plead.

"Mmmh mm mnh" because his mouth was plastered, he could only grunt, making horrible noises like a pig, who's being slaughtered.

"Shhhhh" the boss tilts his head leaning forward, placing a finger on his lips, and that was enough to shush that anxious man. A pair of dark brown eyes stared coldly at the person kneeling on the ground sending shivers down the spine of the person below.

"You should've thought about it before you betrayed me," he said in a tone that brought chills of fear to the people around him.

"Finish him off" the boss throws this one phrase and walks away. As the boss made his way to the SUV, the rustles and grunts became louder with each passing second, and finally...

"Mmmmmhhhh" a loud muffled scream was heard before everything went silent.

"Work's done boss" All the men returned to the SUVs and reported it to their boss before the car drove away.

16th Sept Time 7 a.m.

"Crime scene do not cross" was what written on the tape surrounding the scene of the crime in bold letters.

A group of people surrounded a particular area, observing something that was beyond recognition. There was nothing left except for a mass of meat. If not for the clothes that were on the mass of meat they couldn't even confirm it was a human's dead body. The smell was unpleasant to the point of suffocation.

The forensic team collected samples of that meat, and just like that they made their way out of the crime scene.

When the higher official arrived at the crime scene, it was, as usual, they were stopped by the reporters.

"Sir sir sir" the reports were calling out for the police officers who were in charge of the case. The reporters were getting impatient shooting questions at the police.

"One person at a time" one of the police officers yelled making the reporters silent at once

"Sir, what are you going to do? this is the fifth time in 2 months" questioned a news channel reporter taking the initiative.

"We know, we know, we have assigned our best team for the investigation" The head police officer(DGP) answered

"Sir who was the person that was murdered," asked another news channel reporter

"We do not know it yet, we can only say after the investigation is done"

"Sir who do think did this?"

"We don't know ab-"

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

"Excuse me" the DGP excused himself before walking away to answer the call.

"Hello," he said into the phone

"Ok sir, I'll be there" with that he ended the call

"Sir do you have an-" the reporters began to question the DGP as he returned to where the media was present.

"We have many important things to do so please excuse us" He signalled the other officers to follow him.

"Sir please answer the questions" the reporters began to get desperate and were chasing after the officers to find the answers.

The police officers ignored them and walked away without sparing a glance at them.

"A dead body was found on the Ashwe beach"

"Fifth time in two months"

"What is goa police doing?"

Different newspapers and channels used different statements to describe the crime.