Chapter 1

Chapter 1- Last Hope

The first time I saw Jace I knew she was who I was looking for. The Moon Goddess was right there, it was like there was a connection between us. It kind of felt like she was my long lost sister, I think she might have felt the same because she didn’t get all defensive like all the others did.

When we got to Mark’s hideout in the woods of Alaska I couldn’t believe what I saw. I shook my head in disbelief at the dead bodies scattered on the forest floor. I knew that the Rogue King did this and it makes me hate him that much more. The war has just begun and we are already falling behind. I wonder if they got Mark or if they just killed him, I hope it’s the former though.

Jay started rubbing my back and said “I think we were too late Sophia.”

I felt my eyes start to water and I close my eyes. This reminds me of what it looked like at my pack. I open my eyes and take a deep breath and let it out shakily. I saw Jace pick up a rock and then drop it and hold her head pain clear on her face. I rushed over to her and ask her what’s wrong but she doesn’t answer me. She finally seems to focus back into the real world clear of all pain.

“My mate needs help.” She said with tears and awe in her eyes.

“How do you know and how did you find your mate, the mating games are over.” Jay voiced my curiosity and probably her mother’s too.

“I smelt his scent on the rocks and the pain was my wolf finally coming to me. She said that my mate and I are the same. My wolfs name is Tara by the way and the reason we can tell who are mate is without the limitations of the mating games is because we are special. She said that even though she can speak with me now I can’t shift until I actually meet my mate and for him it is the same also. She said with him when we are touching we will be able to do something special. She said we need to help him.” Jace said her voice quivering a bit.

“Don’t worry Jace we will get him back, whatever takes I promise.” I reassured Jace hugging her.

Jace hugged me back and nodded her appreciation. When I let go of her mother immediately took my place and gave her a momma bear hug. I smile at them and I wish that I still had my mom to do that for me. I look over to Jay and see he felt the same way. I can imagine his is much worse though since he lost his mother more recently than me.

“We need to go back to London. Jay and I need to talk to the Alpha King and come up with a plan and find out where Mark is. You guys will have to train so you can learn to defend yourselves. If you want to we can go back for your guards and bring them to London with us so they can join the fight or they can still be your personal guards if that is what you want.” I said to Jace and her mom.

“That would be wonderful thank you guys for this.” Jace’s mother said.

“Okay if you guys will just take my hand again, I will take us to the castle in London. Jay will stay with you there, while I go get your guards.” I told them while they gave me their hands.

When I was sure everyone had a hold of me I teleported us outside the castle. Jace and her mom gaped at the size and elegance of the castle, and I don’t blame them the castle is huge. The guards looked at us and they were the same ones that were there when we first came here. This time they didn’t even hesitate in letting us inside. We walked to main dining room in the castle so everyone could eat and I got ready to go back to California.

“Please be careful Sophia.” Jay said to me.

“Don’t worry I will be back in a few minutes. I love you Jay.” I said smiling at him.

“I love you too Sophia.” He said with a huge grin and kissed me and after a few minutes I had to pull away.

“Okay see you in a few.” With that I was in California with a bunch of male wolves prepared to lunge at me.