Chapter 2

Chapter 2- Let the Flames Begin

When we followed the man out of the Alpha Kings office I heard screaming and a bunch of loud noises. I am not even sure what all of the noises were coming from or how they were made and I honestly didn't want to know. The Alpha King rushed out of the room before us and down the stairs. We all followed him to see what he was doing.

When we rounded the corner I almost ran into the Alpha King. He was standing at the top of the stair landing watching his people fighting and getting slaughtered. I stare in shock, I know that the rogues have done this to other packs including my pack, but watching it happen is so much worse. Everyone there was fighting at least one rogue and some of them were dying or close to it.

I was about to step into the fight, but the Alpha King put up his hand to stop any of us from joining in the fight. He grabbed my hand and Jace's and pulled us down the hallway. We went into a room and he opened a secret passage doorway that led to more stairs leading down.

"Go down this passage it leads outside the castle into the forest you have to go down there and get away from here. You can't get hurt here or die. We need you but you aren't ready yet." He said pushing us towards the stairs.

"We need to help you though I can't just leave you guys here to die." I said fiercely.

"You can and you will now go! That is an order from your Alpha and King." He said in his Alpha voice so we couldn't disobey.

Jace was the first one that went down the stairs. The tunnel was so narrow that we could only go one at a time. By the time Mrs. Peterson went down the stairs I couldn't get a hold of everyone to teleport us so that was out of the question, but I don't think I could anyway because I can't abandon these people.

We hurried down the tunnel through the twists and turns of the stairs. We got freaked a couple of times when Jace screamed because of a mouse or some other bug or mammal. We continued down the stairs and I don't know how long it was before we finally got to flat ground. It was a few more minutes until we finally got to the end of the tunnel.

There was a door in front of the exit and Jace couldn't move it. She was the one in front and the only one that could move the stone unless we could squeeze Jay all the way to the front of our line. Then I knew how Jay could get up in front of Jace. I bent down and curled myself into the child's pose yoga position.

"Okay everybody we are going to play a little game of leap frog so Jay can get to the front to open the door." I said.

Jace and her mom got in the same position as me and Jay leaned down to kiss my head. He didn't even have to jump over us he just had to step over each of us because of his long legs. When he got to the front we all stood up and waited for Jay to open the door for us to get outside. I heard the door grinding and creaking and then finally give way to Jay's persistent pushing.

When the door opened I was almost blinded by the light that came through. It seemed like hours since I have seen the sunlight even though it had only been minutes. When you don't like the dark though things feel like they stretch and go on and on. We all ran outside ready to leave that horrid tunnel behind me. What I saw outside though made me want to crawl back into the tunnel and close the door behind me.

Wolves were fighting outside and it looked worse than it did inside the castle. There were parts of wolves that I haven't even seen before and some of the wolves fighting looked absolutely terrifying. They were literally tearing each other apart. Fur was flying and paws lashing out at everything it seemed.

Jay stepped in front of us and took a defensive position. A wolf came flying towards us and when it got near us I sent it flying back with my telepathy. I saw some of the royal guards and Jace's guards running towards us to protect us. One of them shifted and started talking to us.