Chapter 6

Chapter 6- Fences

Mark's POV

I have been in here with everybody in this tiny cell for about a week, but it felt like forever. They only feed us small portions of bread and cheese each day and five us five bottles of water this whole week. There was a toilet in the corner of the cell which is better than a bucket. It wasn't awkward until one of the girls had to go to the bathroom and for Izzy it seemed like she went every minute and their mates would growl if you even moved an inch.

I am so tired of being inside this stupid cell nothing happened. The guards never came down save for when they gave us food each day and a bottle of water. I felt bad for Izzy though, they didn't know she was pregnant and to be honest I am not entirely sure they would give her more food or treat her differently if they knew.

Even though it's only been a week you can see it obviously how it affected all of us. We were weak sometimes we could hardly stand up to go to the toilet. Everyone was thinner even Izzy which definitely wasn't good for her baby. We mostly just slept and talked to each other since there wasn't anything else we could really do.

Today started off normal, well as normal as it could be locked in a cell anyways. Everything seemed silent as wolves we can hear people even through soundproof walls. We can always hear the guards at the top of the steps of the basement, but today you couldn't even hear the sound of them breathing. I couldn't hear anyone in the house at all or outside of it either. It seemed like no one was here. The only enhanced sense I had from my werewolf heritage was my hearing and it was like when you don't have one sense it is extremely enhanced so I trusted my hearing.

"Do you guys hear anyone in the house?" I asked them.

Max and Brent straightened up from where they were slumped against the bars of the cell. They both seemed to cock their heads to the side a little to hear better. I looked around to see that everyone else was doing to the same thing. They all had confused faces on as if they didn't believe that they couldn't hear anything and I knew that now was our chance to escape. I know that it will be hard to escape if it is even possible, we have got to try though.

"I don't hear anything." Brent said and looked to the others for confirmation.

The others nod their heads confirming that they don't hear anything either. "Now is our chance to try to do something to escape, we have to get out of here." I said.

"I'm not sure we can get out of this cage and we should make sure that no one is up there first." Max said.

I nodded my head I hadn't thought that maybe someone could still be up there, but I highly doubted it since no one could hear anything. I don't think one person could slip past all of our senses. I grab one of the food trays they left down here and started hitting it against the bars of the cell. The sounds it made were loud and rattling anyone in the house or a mile radius would have heard it. After a couple of minutes no one came down to check out what was going on.

"I don't think there is anyone around." I said.

"Now that it's established that no one is around how exactly are we supposed to get out of this cell?" Izzy asked.

"Well I thought we could try to bend a couple of bars so we could squeeze through them. It is the easiest thing I could think of." I said.

Everyone nodded and got up "I think if Brent and Max got on one side and Cane and Levi on the bar beside and start pulling. If we need the extra strength George can come up and help, but for right now just two on each side is enough so it won't be too crowded. I don't think I will any help in this case because I have the strength of a human since I haven't shifted."