1.

——

——

Before the world tour, Donghyuck decided to visit his family. He was especially excited because he hasn't seen his parents or family friends for a long time. There was one person he was longing to see in particular. Baek Mina.

Baek Mina was his childhood friend and longtime crush. To Donghyuck, she was the most beautiful girl after his mother. She was talented, playing several instruments, and she sang and dance. They both were going to audition for SM together, but she sadly backed out and wanted to be a normal girl.

Of course, Donghyuck respected her decision. He also respected his, proceeding to pursue his own dream without leaving Mina or his family behind.

"Hyuck!" Donghyuck's mom cheered. "I'm so happy to see you!" She hugged her son and motioned him to hug his dad.

"I'm just visiting, mom. Are we having dinner with Mina tonight?" Donghyuck questioned his mom. He was excited to see her, and their families eating together was a tradition.

"Of course, son. I think Mina has a surprise for you!"

Hearing that created butterflies in his stomach. A surprise. Hopefully, it was a long last reply back to his confession.

Before Donghyuck left for Seoul, he confessed his feelings to Mina. Each time he came back, she would act super fond of him and he was eager to hear a reply. It's been almost a year since he last saw Mina, and maybe today is his lucky day.

The family walked over next door and saw Mina in the front yard watering plants. She smiled and waved at them and when she saw Donghyuck, she ran up to hug him.

"Hyuck! I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too, Mina."

She let go of him, and they walked to sit at the dinner table. Mina could not stop smiling. In fact, she was extremely giddy like she was hiding a secret she couldn't keep.

A few minutes in of eating dinner and catching each other up, Mina finally decided to spill the news to everyone.

"Okay, Eomma, Appa, Donghyuck..." She said gazing at his family and then to hers. "I'm engaged!"

Mina showed off her ring to everyone sitting down, but Donghyuck's vision was getting blurry. His head started to hurt.

"Congrats, Mina!" they all cheered, except for Donghyuck.

"Mina! What the fuck!" Donghyuck shouted. "You're literally only 19 years old and you're already engaged?!"

The infuriated boy got up and left the house to get some air. Mina followed behind him to see what was up.

"Hyuckie? What's the matter?" she said touching his shoulder.

"Mina! I confessed to you! You never replied! Now you're engaged! I didn't even know any of this!" he shouted.

"Well, I met a guy at uni and we've been dating for a year. He proposed to me yesterday..."

He was angry at her, and couldn't believe that she messed around with his feelings like that. Every kind gesture was a lie to him.

"I confessed!"

"Hyuck, I know you confessed, but..." she averted her eyes to the floor to avoid his gaze, "I only saw you as a best friend. A brother actually, so I thought you'd realize that after not seeing me every day."

She shrugged, and Donghyuck shook his head. His first love ended before the tour even started. He thought being in a kpop group would impress her and obviously win her heart.

"Don't even talk to me ever again," Donghyuck muttered, walking back to his house. Once he got into his room, he laid in bed and screamed into his pillow. He pulled out his phone and scrolled through the app twitter. "Everyone is so happy go lucky on this app," Donghyuck thought.

He had an undercover kpop stan account to spy on his fans. Donghyuck also was a big fan of his seniors, Red Velvet, so the account had a double purpose. He had a lot of followers, almost 10k, but people were too scared to create a conversation with him. Also, he tweets his feelings out when he's happy, sad, mad, or in love. Though having an account like this was risky, especially hiding it from his managers, Donghyuck did not care and started to tweet his feelings.

"REVESUNNY: I hate girls. I hate everyone. I hate korea. I hate my life."

After that, he got a twitter dm from a fan of NCT.

JENODUNNO:
hey sunny??? you ok?