8.

——

——

After the Taiwan concert, the some of the members of NCT were able to return back to Korea for the holiday break period. Lucas, Renjun, Chenle, Ten, Taeyong, Mark, Jeno, and Donghyuck stayed to tour around Taiwan. There was a specific order that the members can only go out with their managers and each other.

The thing is, none of the NCT boys knew about Aeri. The managers weren't even aware of Aeri either. Donghyuck had to make up an excuse to the most gullible manager that Aeri won a contest he held and she was the winner.

He did everything for his manager to believe his excuses just to see Aeri. Everyone was confused on why Donghyuck wanted to stay in Taiwan than seeing his family and Mina back in Jeju.

Actually, he snuck out and actually showed up to Aeri's front door. Donghyuck rang on the doorbell, and the door swung open to see a barefaced Aeri. She quickly closed the door again, then slowly opened it so half of her face was visible.

"Hyuck, you're here... Why?" she questioned.

"Let me in before someone sees," he insisted, and Aeri let the boy inside the house.

The house was huge and empty. There were pictures of fetus Aeri along with her father and brother. No pictures of her mom in the home could be found.

"So... Are we alone here?" Donghyuck asked nervously. He's never been in a girls house alone, especially with someone he just met in real life.

"Donghyuck, how did you find where I live?" Aeri asked sternly.

"Uh, Google?"

She sighed at the idol. Aeri was actually freaking out internally that the Lee Donghyuck was at her house alone, but she kept her cool because he is the same person as Sunny.

"We're alone here..." she sighed. "How did you even get here?"

"Taxi. The old taxi driver didn't even recognize me so I was good."

"Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be in Korea for break time?"

"I told you on the phone before, I'm here for vacation. So... Get ready. We're going out."

Aeri gave Donghyuck a poker-faced look, "Hyuck, we can't go in a taxi."

"I made a plan. You drive. Okay? It's for our practice date."

The words "practice date" got Aeri excited. She knew that it wasn't a real date, but at least this was the closest. Aeri really wanted to be prepared for her date of In Ho. She was also prepared to get used to the fact that her new friend was someone she's been idolizing since she was 16.

As Aeri got ready, Donghyuck looked around the house. He got to know more about Aeri by just looking at pictures. "Aeri's parents were separated, she has only an older brother, and she's cute. No, ugly."

While Donghyuck was busy snooping around, Aeri skipped down the stairs in the cutest, but warmest clothing she can find. At that moment, Donghyuck was holding his phone in his hand, but as he saw Aeri, it dropped onto the ground.

"Wow," he said, as he got flustered.