2.

——

——

Right before Donghyuck left to the airport, he saw Mina sitting on his front porch waiting for him. A part of him felt happy that she was outside waiting for him. It was quite early, 5 am actually, and she was there. Sitting there patiently.

When the front door opened, Mina stood up rapidly to face Donghyuck.

"Hyuck, I was waiting for you," she said quietly.

"What do you want?" he questioned back in a harsh tone.

"Can we... talk?" she spoke, sitting down on his front porch, motioning him to sit beside her. Of course, since Donghyuck had a soft spot for her, he sat down to listen to what she had to say.

"Donghyuck, just know you'll always be in a special place in my heart. Boyfriend or not, fiancé or not, husband or not. You're special to me," she assured him, "I've always wanted to be a normal girl, but you... You have a good life ahead of you. Being famous and all, you really deserve that. And I don't.

That's why I am so proud to know the fact that you loved me. So I can tell my future kids that an idol loved me when I was younger. It's a good story to tell Hyuck, but just know that I love you too."

After that sentence, Donghyuck felt his heart breaking. But since she loved him back, he might have a chance, right? He knew the reason why they couldn't be together is because she wanted to be normal. She didn't want any of the bad parts of becoming famous, so she'd rather take the easier route. But if only she knows he can protect her, then they can be together. He knew he didn't want to give up on her.

Donghyuck nodded his head and pulled her into a hug. He knew he wasn't going to see her for another six months– or even a year, but he could still call her. Maybe if one of the tour dates was Jeju then he could drop by and give her tickets to see him live. He would do anything to keep her close, just because she loves him too.

He completely disregarded the fact that she was now engaged because he was so blinded by how she loved him.

The two stood up as soon as a van pulled up to his driveway. They both said their goodbyes, and he drove off to the airport leaving Mina behind.

When Donghyuck arrived to the airport, he pulled out his phone to tweet,

"REVESUNNY: feeling ❤️💔 at the same time."