hide & seek

there isn't anything more mysterious and beautiful than nature. y/n just loved the spring, when the blossoms were starting to bloom and the trees were starting to grow their green leaves back.

she sat in the grass, butterflies landing on her head and finger. she giggled. y/n couldn't help but marvel at its beauty. she examined the butterfly on her finger.

"you're very beautiful! i'm so glad you're back." y/n whispered to the butterfly. it flew away and she smiled.

she loved the way the stream sounded, and how it flowed so gently and freely. she looked up into the treetops and saw birds.

"welcome back!" y/n exclaimed, waving wildly at the birds. she smiled so much her cheeks hurt.

the most beautiful flowers were growing. y/n sat down to just admire them. she felt a tickling on her finger, and as she looked at it she noticed a little ladybug crawling on her.

"hello! aren't you a lovely little thing!" she whispered in delight.

"you know, spring is my favorite time of the year. i like meeting all these new insects and feeling the stream in my hands. i especially love the butterflies, oh they're such a wonder to look at—"

"who are you talking to?" a voice chuckled behind her.

y/n gasped and spun around.

"hey y/n." gilbert smiled. y/n sighed. the ladybug was gone now.

"hello gilbert." y/n replied, in slight confusion. she recognized gilbert from school, but they had never really talked before.

"who were you talking to?" gilbert asked again. y/n looked at him.

"well, if you must know... i was talking to my friend ladybug." she replied.

"you have a peculiar mind, y/n." gilbert chuckled, sitting down next to her. y/n looked down slightly.

"i like it." he said sweetly. y/n looked back up, shocked. anyone else would've made fun of her... but gilbert blythe wasn't just anyone, now was he?

"that's very kind of you to say. what are you doing here, anyway?" y/n asked.

gilbert sighed and looked up into the treetops.

"i just love spring, don't you?" he replied, looking back down and meeting y/n's eyes. his were such a beautiful hazel.

"yes, very much so," y/n replied breathlessly. gilbert smiled at her, in a way that said he felt glad to be here with her.

"let's go play in the tall grass." gilbert randomly said, cutting the moment they were having short. he pulled y/n up from the ground. she giggled.

"play? you want to play! the gilbert blythe wants to play?" y/n teased. gilbert shook his head and laughed.

"it'll be fun. we should play hide and seek!" he said, grinning. y/n noticed he hadn't let go of her hand since he pulled her up, but she didn't mind.

they made their way to the field with the tall grass.

"okay, you hide and i'll seek." gilbert said once they got there. y/n nodded excitedly.

"okay, go hide!"  he urged. y/n ran into the grass as she heard him counting to twenty. she giggled out of excitement.

though it was faint, she heard gilbert finish counting and head into the tall grass to find her. she did her best to move around without making noise.

she crept around for about five minutes when she saw a glimpse of gilbert. she froze, hoping he hadn't seen her...

he had.

y/n screeched with joy as she turned on her heels and ran out of the tall grass and into an empty field. she ran as fast as she could away from him. she heard him drawing closer.

suddenly she felt two arms wrap around her waist and they lifted her up. she giggled, and when he let go she turned around to face him, their faces inches apart.

they stood there for what seemed like an eternity, y/n's arms wrapped around his neck and gilbert's wrapped around her waist.

"found you." he whispered breathlessly.

________________________________

(a/n) it's like 3 am and i can't sleep so I wrote this.. i hope it's good lol

anywayyyy im going to be writing more stories or imagines like this in the future, so if you're into that stuff hit the follow button so you know when i do :)

don't forget to comment if you have requests♥️ byeee