7

"He would never hurt anyone. He was a gentle giant," Coco was telling the cameras.

In no time this girl had gone back to the dorms, changed into a dramatic high fashion Yves St. Laurent gown with emerald diamonds. She was crying at the entrance of Royal palace where the King's Guard had assembled. They said they had assembled to keep us safe but for hours we'd spent time being interrogated by Armando. Luckily for me Armando was a friend, at least I thought he was and he seemed to take it easy on me as opposed to the others.

"That guy was a big ass bully, that's what he was," Milan states.

Coco isn't close enough to hear what he says. She's too distracted by the flash of the cameras anyway. Milan might be right but there is a time and a place to say those kind of things.

What's more annoying than Milan being in his shitty ass mood is Raul checking him, "Baby, c'mon. Not now."

Milan rolls his eyes and goes down in his seat a little more.

Coco's interview is finally done and Geneva is the only one nice enough to bring her down from her podium. Geneva continues to rub her back until Coco shoos her off with her hand clearly no longer interested in being comfort her time of need. Coco was close to Sextus. I wasn't sure what their relationship was but I was sure that he protected her. I don't think Geneva lacked compassion but the amount of compassion she was showing for the cameras just didn't add up to when the cameras went away.

Armando walks into the room we are kept in. It's a closed off room that he says is secured in the palace. I know better. The room is laced with cameras trying to see if anyone is acting strange or nervous or gives themselves up.

"Is everyone ok?"

I nod, "Where is Nero?"

I'm concerned with him because he was taken away as soon as Sextus was declared dead and when they said it was an assassination attempt.

"The prince is being kept away...until we determine his safety," Armando explains before crossing his arms, "The rest of you are free to go to your dorm rooms but the prince won't return until he we assure his safety."

"His safety from who---us?" Milan asks.

"That's ridiculous. Who the fuck would do this?" Raul asks mimicking his boyfriend's sense of confusion about the whole situation.

It's Coco who stands up at that moment I can feel the anger in. She adjusts her long black gloves and her elegant gown before giving us a stare that lets us know that at the end of the day...she is a vampire and she's very dangerous.

"The AB says he thinks that it's one of you," she explains, "I agree with him.. I'll find out who it is and you're going to wish you got the Final death instead of Sextus."

With her threat Coco dramatically walks out of the room leaving the room in a cold violent anger. Her brown skin is dark with intent. The awkwardness that she leaves behind causes the rest of us just to look at each other awkwardless still searching for answers. It was scary. One day one of us were here and the next day we are receiving the Final death. There was no coming back from that for an immortal. I didn't even know it was possible for vampires to be poisoned. There was so much that I didn't know about this situation.

"It could have been any of us," Milan states at that moment, "Where is our safety? Hell...I could have drank out of that glass. But what are we doing? Protecting the spoiled prince again who gets what he wants. I'm sick of that bullshit."

Milan storms out of the room at that moment and it's not long before just as I expect Raul is chasing behind him like a lost fucking puppy. The others soon clear out of the room after them.