10

It's a strange moment when you realize that the man you spent the first part of your life loving is actually a twin. He's standing there with someone else and I'm not sure who is who. I'm not sure what it all means but the two twins are glaring at me...one with nothing more than recognition and the other one with a passion that I remember from a long time ago.

The one with the passion stares at me, "My name is Aiden."

My heart is racing. I shouldn't be surprised Milan was always full of secrets but I realize the one that I thought was Milan this whole time was really this guy named Aiden. I sit there and look at him and I don't know what to think. Is he a stranger? He is the man that I fell in love with?

"I'm Milan," the other one says before shaking his head, "You probably know Aiden a lot more though. He's spent the most time with you."

"You were the one I was in a relationship with," I say. It's not a question. I can tell by the way this boy is looking at me. I can see the passion that I remember when we were younger.

"We switched in and out when it was necessary but yes...I am the one that fell for you. That was bad enough and made our mission hard enough. But when my brother Milan started having feelings for your best friend Raul we knew we had to disappear."

It all makes sense now. Hearing this boy...Aiden or whatever tell me that it was hard for him to fall for me kind of hurts. Looking at him and not realizing I was never really in love with Milan but his twin brother blows my fucking mind. Yet it all makes sense. The bi-polar reactions to everything. Sometimes Milan seemed into me and other times he was into Raul. Sometimes he seemed good in certain classes and other times he wasn't. Sometimes he seemed to hate Nero and other times he was Nero's best friend. These were two different people and this entire time they'd been pretending to be the same person.

The one that has to be Milan looks at me, "I was with Raul only a few times but we were scared you'd find out and think we...or Aiden, to be more specific, was cheating on you. Then shit. We'd have to explain to you everything and your father wouldn't have been with it at the time.

Aiden nods "When I turned you I figured you'd be out for a few hours. My brother wanted to switch with me. He wanted to spend some time with Raul so...we did. I figured it didn't hurt. You'd never know. What we didn't expect was for you to wake up early and find my brother in bed with Raul."

"I nearly killed you," I tell Milan at that moment.

I don't know whether to feel bad or not. I was confused. It wasn't my fault. It was their fault. They tricked me. These stupid boys were playing games with Raul and I this entire time. But it wasn't a game. No. It was a mission.

Milan nods, "My brother felt belt about that. We had always planned for you and my brother to be together in Eden. Even your father was partially on board. But after you damn near killed me I got Aiden to agree to let me be with Raul instead."

The shock of it all just throws me.

And then I think I'm not the only one these twins have been lying to. I'm not the only one they have been switching in and out. Aiden wanted to be with me. But Milan wanted to be with Raul.

"We have to tell Raul," I say.

"We can't do that," Aiden tells me, "You know we can't."

"I don't know shit. Raul was my best friend. We have been torn apart because we felt we were in love with the same man. If you aren't the same man then maybe there's a chance that he won't hate me."

"We told you because you are the only one your father trusts in Class O."

"Raul isn't a threat," I respond.