17

My friends are around me. Everyone is holding their breaths. Aiden is looking on with just as much shock as I had. I don't think anyone expected this...except Coco.

"Yes."

Nero pulls it out at that moment. A diamond ring that is tainted red. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in in my life. He puts it on my finger and everything is right in the world again. I'm looking at this man that I love and I know this is a moment that I'll never forget. This is the everything that means anything to me. Who knew that all I had to do was die to really feel what true happiness was.

He hugs me at that moment wrapping his hands around me before he turns to the others.

"He said yes..."

Everyone is silent until Nero says that and then people start clapping. I watch as Coco, Antwon and Tina goes over to congratulate Nero.

Lucca and Camille come close examining the ring at that moment.

"Oh my god. Is this..." Camille starts off.

"I think it is."

I look at my two friends a little confused on what the hell they are talking about right now.

"Guys...what?"

"He really has no idea what he's wearing. The ring is showcasing the magnificent 10 carat cushion cut red diamond in the center and 2.50 ctw of dazzling round red diamonds on the sides," Camille is describing it looking down at the ring as though she was on the shopping networking before showing it to Nero.

Lucca stares at it, "It's one of the lucky ones."

"Lucky ones..."

"You don't know what those are do you?" Camille asks.

She's saying it as though I should know what they are talking about. I am interrupted though. I'm interrupted because Nero comes back over. He taps Lucca on his shoulder so that Lucca can move out of the way. I think Camille and Lucca are just as excited about this as I am. When Lucca steps aside Nero steps up to me.

"Guys I'm going to need a minute with my new fiance," he says, "That's in case you didn't mind."

Lucca nods in satisfaction, "Of course not, go, go, go be romantic or...whatever..."

I watch Nero grab my hand at that moment. He leads me off into the woods. We get deep into the woods until we finally get to an open pond The water in the Garden of Eden glistens blue as though there were sparkling lights under the surface. I look down at the water and just feel a warmth coming up from it. It's not a regular body of water. It's beautiful and magical. Things like this only existed in Eden and for this very moment everything was perfect.

"Fiance huh?" I ask him.

"You stuck with me baby...he says...come here."

Nero pulls me close. I think he's about to kiss me but he doesn't. He picks me up, scoops me in his arms and throws me in the goddam pond. I splash hard into the warm sparkling blue water, screaming so much that I think the others at the camp might hear me.

"NERO!"

I can't stay mad for long. I especially can't stay mad because Nero has taken off his shirt. Those muscles are glistening over the reflection of the water as I look up from the bank. He has a playful smile on his face. He drops his pants next, revealing those perfect athlete legs sculpted to perfection. I can't believe this man just proposed to me as I look up at him mesmerized. This body is everything. There is no way in hell he is human. Him being a vampire prince is the only way to explain this perfection.