11

"Who the fuck do you think you are?"

The voice comes from Nero. I don't expect it honestly but Nero looks like a dog with a bone. He stares Armando down with this vicious look. At times I see Nero as this charming prince but times like now I can see the animal inside. He was a prince but he was still a vampire and right now the darkness is all around him.

"I'm sure Captain Armando has an explanation for the words he said," King Arie states.

There is a pause in the room. Everyone is staring at Armando. He was the more vocal out of the two of us in that video. He was calling the king mediocre and talking about how he wanted me to come live with him. This shit looks bad. It's taking everything out of me not to go ahead and just tell everyone exactly who Armando is to me.

Armando doesn't defend himself. He puts on that cold, 'too cool for school' face that he always has. It's almost like he's above defending himself. He is looking at everyone in the room like 'so the fuck what'. The elder vampires are judging. They are looking at Armando and whispering amongst themselves. No one is flaming...no one except Nero.

I struggle with the thought but decide against it instead just saying, "Me and Armando are just friends."

"He disrespects our relationship He disrespects his king!" Nero snarls.

Nero spits at Armando's feet. I have to admit it's kind of sexy to see Nero so pissed off at Armando. Don't get me wrong. I don't want him to do anything crazy but you can't fake the outrage that Nero is showing. If ever we were pretending to have a fake relationship, it didn't matter. That ship had long sailed. Nero is pissed and I have a feeling there is a lot of built up frustration. No matter how much I don't want Nero to be crazy it kind of feels good to know that he cares.

King Arie surprisingly seems not as angry as I think he would be. He is actually trying to calm down Nero, "Nero we don't need your reaction right now."

Drama. I can see the noble vampires. They were getting their daily dose of the drama and they were loving every moment of it. A part of me just wants to pull Armando out of the room, or pull Nero out of the room, but I don't know which to do.

"Aren't you going to do something?" Nero asks the king, "He disrespected you in front of the entire kingdom.

King Arie looks at Armando, "Captain do you have a response."

"My conversation with my friend was in private," Armando responds, "I apologize for anything I've done to upset...the king. I'll go on television first thing and apologize to any remarks that I said negatively about...King Arie. It was not intentional."

Jesus Christ. The way that Armando is talking is damn near a slap to Nero's face. I want to damn near fight Armando now. He is doing it on purpose. He's stressing the word friend as though making it sound like bullshit. He's making sure to emphasize the fact that he is only trying to apologize to what he said about the king. All the while Armando is staring Nero down. I mean he is staring bullets into Nero's eyes.

You can cut the tension with a fucking knife.

My face blushes red. Armando gives little to no fucks about offending Nero and whatever he is doing is working. Nero is getting worked up. He's flexing. His muscles are popping out under the tight gold button up he has on. Nero looks like he wants to throw down with Armando right now. And as sexy as he is I'm no longer amused. I'm a little worried.

"We are just friends," I try to fix things, "Raul's video was taken way out of context. We're just friends. Right Armando?"

Armando gets silent. Fuck. He's not helping this SHIT at all. I don't know who I'm trying to convince but no one seems to be buying what the fuck is coming out of my mouth. Armando being silent like he is just seems to be bringing about more tension between him and Nero. The king isn't helping. He's just a bystander at this point.