Are you okay?

It was Shaun's lunch break and he was walking around the building. Trying to see if he memorized Everything right or to try and get a little more fond of the things around him. He is always moving around quickly or busy. He never really got to admire the small things around him. He looks around as he walks. The children in the rooms along with their parents. Adults waiting to be called in. He loved the building.

     He has barely been in any kind of buildings like these before he started working in St. Bonaventure. He loved the way they looked inside and out. The People, the smells. Though, he didn't really like all of the noise. But, is was a slight reminder that he wasn't alone. Don't get it confused, he liked being alone by himself. He gets to have things his way and nobody touching, or making conversation with him.

     Sometimes, it just got too quiet. Too lonely at most. It sometimes got to that point where he has to play music or watch the TV because he couldn't bare listening  to his own heart beat anymore. Sometimes, when he got lonely he would go to text Claire. He liked Claire. She was a good friend to him. He's glad he has someone besides Glassman that cares for his well-being.

     Glassman knows Shaun. He knows Shaun well. He doesn't really like Shaun being alone most of the time, he knows that's the time Shaun starts to think. He starts to think and he makes himself sick. His thoughts start to eat him. His thoughts lead to bad thoughts most of the time. These, as he walked around the building, were one of those times.

     Shaun drifted off as he wandered. He started to wonder if anybody had a soul purpose, or if anything in life is really worth it. He shook his head, trying to get rid of the thoughts.

     He walks to the Cafeteria and purchases an apple. He doesn't sit down, but he does continue to walk. He bites his apple, he realizes he hasn't ate ever since he started working. He had gotten there at 2 am for some emergency. A woman's left fallopian tube burst and they needed everyone on the team to help.

     He walks to the roof, in attempt to calm himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Claire sits at the table with Jared and the Devil, sometimes they call her Morgan but it fits. She eats hastily. She was starving and tired from all the work she had done. She loved working as a surgical resident in St. Bonaventure, but sometimes it's a pain in the neck. You work for 36 hours with only 12 hours off.

     "Sorry, I can't hear you over me winning" she hears Morgan say. 

     "Yeah, whatever" Jared pouts and slides in his chair.

     They were playing a game of paper football for the last bag of Goldfish. Morgan grabbed the bag and devilishly laughed. Claire just rolled her eyes.

     She sits there for a couple of minutes listening in on their conversation. Sometimes she'd eavesdrop on others. She doesn't mean to. It just happens. Sometimes you can find out interesting things and sometimes you can hear things that you wish you'd never heard.
With the pros and cons, the pros add up, so she does it anyway.

     She realizes Shaun isn't there and she looks up to look around the room. The cafeteria was quite large and there was a fair amount of people in there, so she assumed either he was out and about doing Shaun things or he was still in line. She wouldn't be surprised if he was, there was a huge line leasing out of the room and only God knew where it ended.

     She manages to find Dr. Glassman. She gets up from her spot and walks over to him

     "Hey, Dr. Glassman, have you seen Shaun?"  she asks.

     He raises an eyebrow, "I though he was with you?" he breathes. "He usually eats lunch"

     "Yeah, well, he isn't here and I don't know where he's at" she look around for a pair of ocean blue eyes and brown wavy hair in the crowd.

     "Alright," he looks around too "I'll be sure to look for him, then"

     She nods and heads back to her seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Aaron looked everywhere. He checked the bathrooms,the on call rooms, the locker rooms, even the place where he hid in when he was hiding to keep from seeing aid.

     He walked up the stairs and to the door to the roof. "He can't really be up here, right?" he spoke to himself. He pushed open the door and we was met with a warm San José summer breeze. He look around. He saw Shaun leaning on the rail looking over the cars and people below.
He walked towards him.

     "Shaun?" He called out. Shaun doesn't move. he keeps staring down.

     He walked up to him and leaned against the railing, too.
He decided to speak to him first, knowing Shaun wouldn't say anything until spoken to.

    "It's a nice view, up here you can see almost half the city." He joked. He had a bad habit at laughing at his own jokes

     "They look like ants" Shaun replies quietly.He stands there for a minute before realizing he meant the people.

     It kinda went sideways from there. He knew how Shaun worked, and when he was quiet he usually stayed quiet and only spoke in short answers. This meant he was thinking.

     "What's going on? I mean, what have you been think about lately? Are you okay?" He knew he asked to many questions all at once but he needed to know.

     Shaun stood for a minute, he had an expression that showed he was thinking about what to say. It was quiet. Until Shaun spoke

    "Do you ever think about if life's worth it? That anything you do matters or makes a difference?" he sighed.

     Aaron was taken aback. what did he mean? He usually didn't actually speak about what he thought. He would just bring up future events or something that had happened to him today.

    "That's a heavy question, Shaun. What makes you ask?"

     "I'm.. I'm just tired. Very very tired" he says. Glassman puts a hand on his shoulder.

     "Come on. We can talk while we have lunch" He and Shaun walk back to the cafeteria where they sit down and talk. Shaun seemed more light-hearted then.
============================
[A/N] This isn't my first fanfiction, but this is my first fanfiction that I've posted that I might not delete and actually put good effort into.

     This isn't going to be one continuous story. just little stories with parts to them. feel free to leave suggestions and criticism!