Chapter 4

"Stop squirming!" Avery yells at me for the tenth time in the last fifteen minutes.

I wince as she yanks at my hair with the brush and comes dangerously close to my ear with the curling iron. "I wouldn't be moving if you wouldn't be so aggressive!"

Avery continues doing my hair as she sends threats my way, "If you don't hold still I am going to send you down the aisle bald. Then I'll get to explain to your little nephew why his aunt is bald in the pictures of her wedding day."

I huff and sink down into my chair slightly.

There is a soft knock on the door and Julie pokes her head in. She looks slightly concerned, "Girls, what is going on in here?"

I glare at Avery in the mirror and Avery gives me the same face back.

"I was asked to come to make sure you weren't killing each other." She steps into the room and Avery and I stop our bickering to admire Julie's dress.

Julie is wearing a beautiful lavender dress that flows in waves down to the floor. Her hair flows down her back in loose curls and her makeup doesn't seem to have any flaws.

"Wow, you look amazing Julie", I mumble.

"Mia, so do you."

Avery has silently been continuing her work on my hair taking the opportunity to get as much done as she could while I have been distracted.

30 minutes later I have my hair and makeup complete. My hair has been pulled up into a low bun at the base of my neck and my makeup has been done in a natural way.

Julie and Avery are currently staring at me, admiring their work, when there is another knock at the door.

Avery hobbles to the door to see who is wanting to gain entry.

She steps back to reveal the photographer April.

We chat for a few minutes before April gets started snapping pictures. When she believes she has gotten enough shots we begin the task of getting me into my dress.

The wedding planning has been very stressful, from choosing the flowers to sending out the invitations. Who knew that there were so many parts to a wedding that had to be decided. Throughout the whole process, there has been one thing that I knew I wanted from the start and there would be no changing my mind.

I knew that no matter what I wanted to wear my mother's wedding dress.

The dress has been preserved very well and happened to fit me quite nicely. The dress just needed slight alterations to the waist some due to it being about one size too large as well as taken up a few inches since I am slightly shorter than my mom.

The only people that knew I would be wearing my mother's dress are Avery and Julie. I wanted to keep this a surprise to my father because I knew it would mean a lot to him knowing that I am keeping the memory of my mother alive and letting a part of her be present at my wedding.

Once Julie and Avery are able to get all the buttons fastened I step back to admire my appearance in the full-length mirror.

The dress is a princess style with lace detailing covering the bottom. I made sure to tell the lady who was doing the alterations that the detailing on the bottom has to stay. She was able to keep it by taking the dress up in the waist rather than from the bottom.

It has a lace bodice that is off the shoulder. The lace fits perfectly on my arms and the sleeves end right above my elbows. The detailing on the bottom is also present in the sleeves.

I opted to have my hair pulled up to show off the buttons that run down the back of the dress. I didn't want to cover the beautiful details on the top with my hair or have to worry about it getting into my face the whole night.

April hurries back into the room and snaps hundreds of more photos.

I glance at the clock and am shocked by the time it reads. "Please tell me that clock is wrong."

Avery glances at her phone and shakes her head, "Nope, it's correct. We better hurry downstairs before your groom starts to get worried."

I know that Avery is joking with the last part, but I still don't want to keep him waiting. Oliver and I are already mates, so he won't be worried about me running but I still find it rude to keep him, as well as the guests, waiting too long.

We hurry down the stairs with Julie helping me with my dress and Avery holding all our bouquets. April trails behind us snapping more photos.

We stop when we make it to the bottom of the steps where my father is waiting alongside Kevin who is holding a very giggly two-year-old Kacee.

Dad turns from his conversation he was having with Kevin when he hears us approach. His hand immediately goes to his now open mouth. Tears start to stream down his cheeks as he slowly takes a step to me holding his hands out to take mine.

"You look beautiful just as your mother did on our wedding day."

I pull him into a hug, but he quickly pulls back.

"I don't want to wrinkle your dress." He takes the tissue that someone hands to him and wipes his cheeks. He then offers the tissue to me so that I can dab my eyes as well.

The music on the other side of the doors change which signals that it is time to begin.

Julie disappeared a few moments before to take her seat as well as Kevin. Kacee is now in the arms of her nanny who is telling the young girl what she needs to do.

Avery takes her place in front of the doors with her flowers resting in front of her swollen belly. The doors open and Avery is sent out.

Kacee is the next to be sent out as the music changes once again, this time to play the wedding march.

Dad and I are then told to stand in front of the doors and to prepare to go out. He holds his arm out to me and I loop my arm in his.

Before the doors open dad turns to me and whispers, "You will always be my little girl. I love you, baby."

"I love you too daddy," I whisper back.

As we make our way down the aisle I see the smiling faces of all the guests. Some of them gasp when they realize that I am wearing the same dress that their Luna, my mother, wore to her wedding.

But the only face that I focus on is Oliver's. Just like at our mating ceremony, he struggles to hold back tears. He might act all tough, but I know deep down he is just a big teddy bear.

The ceremony itself goes by rather quickly and before I know it the preacher is announcing us, man and wife.

We kiss and the whole room erupts into cheers.

Oliver and I run out of the room after being announced as Mr. and Mrs. Oliver Daniels.

Oliver leans in for a kiss but stops and simple places his forehead onto mine, "I love you, Mrs. Daniels."

"I love you too, Mr. Daniels."

The reception begins soon after and the whole night seems to pass in a blur.

At the end of the night the only things that I can remember about the whole day are saying "I do", the first dance, and telling Oliver he better not shove the cake in my mouth then going and doing just that to him.

Before I know it, we are being ushered out of the room to catch our flight.

I think I could get used to being Mrs. Mia Daniels.

***

The picture is what I base Mia's dress off of. The song above is called From the Ground Up by Dan and Shay and what I would imagine their first dance to be to. I absolutely love these singers. This song is about love and I believe is very fitting for the characters in this story as well. If you enjoyed their voices/ this song you should check out their other songs. I was going back and forth if I wanted to place this song here or Speechless by them as well. Speechless is very sweet and the music video is a mash of the two singers actual wedding videos which makes me love the song even more. Hope you are liking this! If you see mistakes please point them out.