Chapter 6

Avery weaves through traffic to get to the hospital as quickly as possible. 

Luckily the only hospital in the area has other wolves working in all departments. This is good because we need a much higher dose of drugs since our bodies burn through them quickly. 

While on the way Avery hands me my phone and tells me to call the OB-GYN to let her know I was on my way in. 

The doctor answered her phone on the second ring, "Mia, is everything okay?" She sounds concerened which is only fair since my next appointment isn't until the following week.

"Uh, I don't think the baby can wait any longer."

She immediatly tells me that she is on her way and hangs up.

We arrive at the hospital moments later. When we pull up the the front I notice Oliver paseing back and forth looking very nervous. 

He runs up to the car and helps me hobble inside while Avery parks. 

Things happen quickly after that. I am put into a room and hooked up to quite a few machines. I want to keeps the twins a secret for as long as I can so I have Oliver tell Avery that I don't want any visitors. 

I know that Avery is going to take the news very hard but I don't want her to see the second baby monitor.

I loose track of time as the contractions pass in waves. 

I begin to think that I won't be able to do this. I want nothing more than for the pain to stop and to go to sleep. 

Oliver looks just as rough as I feel. I know that he must be feeling all of the pain that I am through the link. 

"Block off the link", I whisper to him. I can't bare the thought of him being in pain because of me. He shouldn't have to be in pain just because I am. 

He rubs my arm as he looks into my eyes, "We are a team. If you are hurting then so am I. Now scoot forward some." He climbs into the bed behind me and begins to rub my back. 

Soon the doctor wonders in and has a smile on her face. 

"I have good news, you seem to finally be ready to push. Get ready mama you are about to meet your babies."

Those words make me equally excited and terrified. What if I'm not ready to be a mother? What if my children hate me?

"Breathe baby. You will make a wonderful mom to our children. I don't have a doubt in my mind" Oliver says over the mind link. That is one of the perks of being mates, we can now communicate over the link without having to be in wolf form. 

Lucky for me the first baby, my baby boy, comes out fairly quickly. Minutes later my second baby is born. 

One of the nurses places each baby on my chest. Both babies are pretty small which makes sense because they are a little over a month premature. 

They then take both babies so that they can get a full work up. The doctor says that she's not too worried about them being premies because wolves tend to come slightly earlier than human babies and with Alpha blood running through their veins they will catch up quickly. 

Once everything is completed and I've had an hour or so to rest I ask one of the nurses to go and get the people in the waiting room. 

While she is gone Oliver hands me Austin who is currently screaming his little head off. I place a little blue hat which had fallen off back on his head. Oliver picks up Ainsley who is sleeping peacefully and retreats down the hall.

Avery is the first person who storms into the room. She looks ready to attack. 

"Why did you go and lock everyone out?!" Her face softens when she spots the crying baby with a blue hat."Yes! I knew it!"

Dad and Julie come into the room next followed by Oliver's parents. 

"Everyone please welcome Austin Scott to the pack" I say as I hand Austin to Dawn, Oliver's mom. "If you would like Dawn, you can have a seat in the chair over here." I don't want her to drop the baby when she sees the surprise. 

As if on cue Julie speaks up, "Where is Oliver?"

I pull my attention from Austin to focus on Julie, "We have a surprise, he is going to get it. He'll be back shortly".

Everyone quickly focuses back on the baby who was finally quieting down. No one notices when Oliver quietly walks into the room.

Julie and dad are jokingly fighting about who is going to get to hold Austin next when my dad spots Oliver over Julie's head. He face goes blank before he says, "You've got to be kidding".

At that everyone turns to face the door where Oliver stands holding Ainsley. If Dawn wasn't sitting down I would be afraid of her dropping Austin.

"Surprise" Oliver causally says as Avery chimes in, "Who's baby did you steal?"

Everyone bursts into laughter as Oliver hands me my sleeping daughter. 

"This whole time you knew and did't tell anyone?" dad asks as he softly strokes Ainsley's hand. 

"Yeah, at times it was hard to keep secret" I look up at Oliver who is rubbing my shoulder. 

Oliver chuckles, "I slipped up a few times by saying things such as "they" but no one seemed to catch it except Mia thankfully. That is also why no one has been allowed in the nursery, two cribs would have been a dead giveaway". 

"This little cute is Ainsley Jade", I say as I pass her to my dad's outstretched arms.

I watch silently as my family passes my sleeping babies around the room only stopping for Oliver to change a stinky diaper. This is how I always dreamed my life would turn out when I was younger. 

Knowing that my babies will be well looked after I close my eyes to take a much needed nap.