Chapter 5

*Awwww, donuts* I mutter to myself internally cursing myself for stupidly accepting the invitation.  Don't get me wrong I would love to eat with Anna and parker but that won't happen anytime soon since I'm still stuck staring at the door trying to give myself a pep talk and go in.

     Yep still not working .

I had followed  tom to the cafeteria after everyone else had gone and just as we were bout to enter I froze and ,yeah as you can see I'm still here staring at the door.

      "Soooo oooooo, watcha doin?"asks parker popping up from out of nowhere and landing beside ,me.
   "Oh me, I'm just here admiring these fine sturdy doors " I lie avoiding the look on his face seeing as the doors were everything but fine and sturdy. They were an awful red colour which was peeling it was battered and looked about to fall off from the constant slamming.

  "Uhhhhhhh,  I see " says parker and I can practically sense him give me a weird look.
   "Welp the food is in there not out here let's go in " says parker taking my hand and dragging me towards the door, me dumbly following him unable to give to a HELP ME look.

    We are at the door and parker slams it open causing everyone, and I mean EVERYONE to immediately turn to our direction and I froze.

      Parker ignored everyone and walked over to a table dragging me along, I could feel the judgemental stares as I walked and wished the earth would swallow me. We got to the table and parker pulled out a seat for me acting like a gentleman, I resisted the urge to smack him and sat down.
    Tom sat on my left parker beside him, while anna sat on my right. I turned to her trying to ignore some of the whispers that floated towards me.
"Hey, Anna thanks for inviting us to your table " I said
"It's no biggie, where's your lunch?"she asks and I pause hmmmmm, lunch , lunch, lunch, lunch.

           I blink and turn to face tom, with a confused gaze, he rolls his eyes and it's then I notice the red tray he's holding and the brown bag on top.
   "Matron knew you would probably forget so she put me in charge of your food, go on I packed your favourite. " he says and I collect the tray
   "Pepperoni pizza?"I asked
   "Ummm no, ham sandwich,  but you can get some pizza tomorrow,  it's a wonder your not fat with how much pizza you ingest " Tom says rolling his eyes and I mock glare at him smiling a bit

   I open my bag and bring out an apple (green), chocolate pudding (awesome), some crisps, water,  and as he mentioned a packed ham sandwich , which was OK.
     "Thanks tom, you're a better cook than I'll ever be, but I'm assuming this isn't all for free " I asked

    "How dare you " he mock gasps ,
     "I did this out of the goodness of my heart although...., I wouldn't mind you thanking me with some double choc chip cookies" he suggests giving me puppy eyes.

  "No worries , your double choc chips will be made when we get back " I promise grinning at him, I'm about to begin eating my food when I notice the cafeteria Is silent. I look up and take a look around hundreds of eyes including, Anna and parker are focused on I and Tom in shock.

   "Uhhhhhhh huh, "I mutter and decide to ignore the stares and feed my hungry stomach
"So, how long have you known tom?" Anna asks
    "Well we got to the orphanage on the same day but we didn't become friends until about nine years later , now we're inseprable" I answer Anna hums in acceptance

   "How did you guys become friends?" Parker asks and I freeze, out of the corner of my eye I can see Tom absentmindedly rubbing his arm where the scar is covered by a bandage. I catch his eye and he sees my panic and saves me.

    "Hey Audrey,  you gonna eat that?"he asks pointing to my pudding , I raise an eyebrow and say no but at the same time thanking him. The question is forgotten and the rest of  lunch passes uneventfully...Well more or less.

   Word of the chapter :-
Mates Part 1
:- They are shifters , occasionally humans whom you have an unbreakable bond with. He or she is your other half the one that completes you. They are rarely ever found but once you find them you lie be alerted by your shifter side. Or for humans they feel immense attraction . More to be discussed later.

    So hi guys , some of you are probably irritated with me or not . You may or may not be angry with me, there is no excuse for what I've done but I still wanna say sorry. I kinda got my tab seized again which is my fault cause I got a really bad result on the mock BECE exam , plus this Jss3(9th grade for clarification) . Is going to be pretty hard with all those exams.
    I know some people are able to update even with the exams but honestly getting a chapter on a normal day is really slow(not to mention everything here is kinda pre written). I need to concentrate on my exams so I'm gonna disappear for a while again. Sorry.
     Peace out
😙😙✌