3: New team member?

Slowly and reluctantly, Kura uncovered her face. She blinks, close her eyes and open them again. Streaks of blazing sunlight shone through the windows blinding her. Kura sit up from the bed, Naruto was able to convince her to sleep on his bed yesterday night. He's really good with his words. Kura dragged her feet off the bed and rubbed her knuckles onto her closed eyes, she stretched her arms above her head then yawned. Kura jumped down from the comfortable bed and sighed, it was the first night in months that she had been able to sleep so soundly.

Kura pull the t-shirt that Naruto lent to her over her head and tossed it on the ground before putting on her clothes, black high waist shorts, a black halter crop top and a burgundy button up shirt that she tucked the front in her shorts. Kura pull up her black thigh high stockings and brushed through her raven hair with her fingers before exiting his bedroom.

As she entered the connected kitchen and living room Kura sees Naruto already awake boiling water.

"Good morning" she greeted him, he turned his head around and a broad smile appeared on his face when he saw her.

"Good morning Kura" He exclaimed happily and picked up the kettle and poured the hot water in two bowls of instant ramen.

"I don't have anything fancier than this, sorry." He smiled apologetically at her.

"Ah that's okay, as long as I am able to eat I'm happy" Kura replied as she watched him place the kettle back on the stone counter. They sat down on his circular dinner table and thanked for the food before they both started to dig in.

Kura was almost done with her food when someone knocked on Naruto's front door, he got up from his seat and opened it.

"Kiba?" Naruto spoke in surprise, Kura leaned forward on the table to get a better look at whoever was at the front door. When the visitor saw her his eyes went wide.

"You have a girl here?!" He exclaimed loudly in surprise, Naruto turned around and smiled at Kura before he glanced back at the Kiba.

"Yup, that's Kura. Kura this is Kiba" He introduced them, Kura stand up from her seat and stepped towards the front door. She smiled gently at him, strangers seem to have a habit to avoid her when they see her. So she was trying to look nice but the look on Kiba's face told a different story.

"I'm Kura" she utter out and tried to smile one more time, Kura see his body relax slightly.

"She's new here" Naruto remarked, Kura gazed up at Naruto with a smile. However, Kiba's continues stare at her didn't go unnoticed. He just couldn't believe his own eyes that Naruto was able to get such a good looking girl.

"This... This is a... a surprise" Kiba stammered and scratched the back of his head awkwardly, Kura slightly tilted her head to the side looking at him. She thought he was cute, but the two red stripes going down his face wasn't quite her cup of tea.

"Oh yeah, what are you doing here?" Naruto asked, Kiba's gaze darted to Naruto.

"No, I uh, just thought maybe you would like some company. But I see you already have that" He mumbled the last part, Kura arched her eyebrow as the left corner of her lips curled up.

"You think we're a thing don't you" She spoke, his eyes instantly snapped to Kura at the same time his cheeks flushed a slight baby pink.

"N-No, not at all" He blurted out flustered by Kura's sudden comment, Naruto let out a laugh as he clapped himself on his thigh.

"What are you thinking Kiba? We just met yesterday you really thought we were a thing?" Naruto exclaimed out while laughing, Kiba gazed down at the floor embarrassed. Still he felt a relief knowing that Kura and Naruto wasn't a thing.

"Well it's understandable, you don't usually have girls over at your house then suddenly you have one. It's not weird to have such suspicion" He defended himself, Naruto chuckled and clapped Kiba on his shoulder.

"I was just helping her, she didn't have a place to stay or money to rent one so I offered her to stay at my place" He explained, Kiba exhaled as he finally knew the context behind everything.

"Well then, nice to meet you" He spoke, Kura could still feel his awkwardness in the atmosphere as he reached out his hand for her.

She lightly let out a short and breathy chuckle as she grabbed his hand, "Nice to meet you too."

Kura listened to Naruto's rant about how he didn't want another team mate to his team, she didn't really find it interesting so she started to swirl a kunai between my fingers.

Kiba glanced to his side to look at the unfamiliar girl, he didn't even realise that he was staring at her until her eyes suddenly darted to his. Her cat like eye shape with her sapphire blue eyes and his sharp black eyes with vertical slit-like pupils met so suddenly his heart almost skipped two beats. He hurriedly looks away from her intense gaze at the same time trying to calm down his pounding heart.

"Hey Kura" Naruto call out, Kura turned her attention back to him to see Naruto staring expectantly at her.

"What?" She asked out confused.

"What about you join our team instead?" As soon as he suggested that idea both Kura and Kiba choked on either air or their own saliva in bafflement, Kura patted herself on her chest as she tried to calm down her coughing.

"I don't know Naruto" She said after finally calming down.

"Do you even have ninja training?" Kiba asked her.

"Just a little, but I stopped after I turned fourteen" Kura told him.

"Why?" He asked in curiosity.

"Personal problems" She winked at him, he quickly shut his mouth and leaned back on his chair with a pink colour on his cheeks.

"I can ask Tsunade to test you! It's going to be so fun! I- "Kura quickly leaned over the table and covered Naruto's mouth with her hand, she arched an eyebrow as he stared up at her puzzled. Kura sighed and leaned back on her seat.

"I don't know about that Naruto" She honestly told him, he pouted.

"Why not? You could get to know other people, you can earn money, you can have a place to stay" He ranted up everything that could possibly be used to convince her to stay, Kura brushed back a few strands of hair behind her ear as she glance down at the table and crossed her legs and arms.

"It could be fun" She hear Kuraokami's voice say.

"But I thought you disliked settling down at one place?" Kura asked her.

"That blond boy is interesting; I would like to learn more about him" She responded, Kura was still confused on why the dragon suddenly changed her mind on settling at one place. But she didn't completely disapprove with the idea either.

Kura sighed heavily and gazed up at Naruto who was staring at her with big excited eyes, "Fine, I'll try" She defeatedly answer him.

Naruto jumped out from his seat and began to cheer, "Is he always like that?" Kura asked Kiba.

Kiba chuckled and nodded to her question. Her eyes glanced back to Naruto who was still cheering, being in a team with him? More importantly becoming a kunochi?

A hell of a ride is set up for her now.