10

CHAPTER TEN:
Date?

❯❯❯❯❯

"How did it go?" Jett asked when he saw Grim coming.

They were in the abandoned building where they had the bonfire, surrounded by white smoke and scattered bottles. Vyn made space for her on the couch, noticing the agitated look that she had.

"Fine," Grim said shortly, running her fingers through her hair. "I told her I've got job to finish and I'll be back to walk her home."

"You're nervous," Jett noted, grinning at her.

Grim pretended as if she didn't hear this and frowned, noticing that they were incomplete. "Where are the others?"

"Trix went with DJ to go shopping, and Angel said that she had to be in school." Jett took a long drag from his cigarette. "She's still having trouble accepting what you did last night at the party."

"She knew it was bound to happen," Grim muttered. "I can't do anything about that."

"Look," Jett began as he shot up straight, "let's stop acting like you're fucking oblivious, okay? We all know that the girl has feelings for you—"

"Shut the fuck up, Jett," Vyn said, knowing that his way of talking would piss Grim off.

"What?" Jett deadpanned. "Angel's in love with her, and she would've been okay with Jude's entire plan if Grim isn't slowly getting her own feelings involved in the process."

"Getting my feelings involved?" Grim scoffed, shooting Jett a baneful gaze.

"It's impossible not to like Lauren," Jett said as if he had to clarify his point. He knew by now that he went too far, and the only thing he could to was thread through their conversation. "She thinks differently of us—she actually sees hope in us. We all know that you're craving for that kind of understanding, Grim. It's okay to like—"

"I don't fucking care what other people think of us," Grim said through gritted teeth. "And quit talking about my life like you know how it actually works."

Jett leaned back on his seat, defeated. He wouldn't win to his Alpha. "Okay. I'm sorry."

Grim tore her heated glare away from him and took a swig from the bottle of whiskey that was waiting for her on the couch beside her. She didn't know why she suddenly grew defensive when Jett started talking about how she was feeling. Perhaps it was because she hated how other people would assume on what they didn't know and blabber about it in a way that they were already building a different image for her, like they were painting a new person that she knew she wasn't anything like it. Grim hated assumptions because neither did she know the truth behind her own actions.

She claimed Lauren as her girlfriend last night mainly because it was the easiest thing to do to keep Tristan off. She didn't do it because she had concrete feelings for Lauren. Grim convinced herself that she did it because she knew that Tristan was full of shit and he belonged to that category of guys who didn't deserve a girlfriend based on their childish antics. She didn't like Tristan, and no girl deserved to be tormented by being with him. Grim was aware that she shouldn't be doing it out of hatred towards him but she couldn't think of another way to keep Lauren out of his reach. Lauren wouldn't make the mistake and let him in her life but Grim wasn't too confident about the green-eyed girl's knowledge of this frat boy's deceiving moves. She was still moving on from Miguel, and although she was occupied at the moment, Tristan could take advantage of that and hit Lauren in all of her soft spots. He could lure her in, and she could give in, and she would regret it in the end. Grim didn't want her to regret anything.