28

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT:
It's Pretty Urgent

❯❯❯❯❯

Lauren's classes went on as usual. Since it was the start of another semester, they didn't do so much but they took notes of what they should expect for the rest of the school year and whatnot. However, Lauren wasn't sure if she was able to write everything that her professors said. Her mind had been occupied since the day started and she didn't have to question herself what was happening to her and why she couldn't concentrate.

It didn't seem like it but Lauren was careful with who she slept with. It was the same with her past relationships and she didn't have sex with them until she fully trusted them, and it took a lot to trust Grim, so saying last night was important to her was an understatement.

When lunch came, she found Normani on the table at the back of the campus. It used to be the spot of the Wolves but since they stopped college, the two girls took it upon themselves to claim the place. Normani waved her over and Lauren sat opposite to her as she placed her bag on the table, failing to notice the excited look on Normani's face.

When Lauren finally looked up after placing her food on the table, her eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"You're glowing," Normani said, smirking.

"Well—thanks . . . ?" Lauren said skeptically as she opened her water bottle.

"And it's a different glow."

Lauren made a face. "Different how?"

"Girl," Normani said, looking at her as if she was dumb. "Are you really going to make me drag it out of you? Because I literally will. I'll grab your hair and drag you back to Grim's bed where you made love last night."

"Normani!" Lauren reprimanded, frantically checking if ever there was a Wolf around. "Shut up!"

"What? We're best friends! And DJ told me that after everything that happened at Deep Bites, it's inevitable." Normani shrugged nonchalantly, taking a bite from her burrito and giving Lauren the time to cool her face. "Grim was really mad last night and DJ said that she was sure she'd cut his dick right then and there if they didn't get between them."

Lauren sighed, remembering the incident. "We already talked about it."

"But she didn't tell you that she grew more territorial of you because of that, did she?"

"No." Lauren blushed, hiding her face in her chicken sandwich. Everything went back to her—the groping, the quick dirty talks, the kissing, the biting, the growling—Grim didn't have to tell her. It was her actions that told Lauren that she didn't like sharing.

"Well, DJ told me about these chemosignals and apparently, werewolves could tell what others are feeling."

Lauren nodded, recalling what Grim told her about it. "Grim mentioned it before too. It's annoying."

"How so?"

"They can tell if someone's jealous or agitated," Lauren said, rolling her eyes. "Grim always catches me and I can't defend myself because she knows if I'm lying."

"It's still amazing though. Like, they're real. The things they can do are just out of this world and it's mind-blowing that we're experiencing it firsthand."