Epilogue

❯❯❯❯❯

A week after their "date," Grim received a message from Lauren on a random Thursday night, asking about her plans for the next day. Grim accepted a job from Lester and she was supposed to wait for a package at the Riverbend Park by the Potomac River but it was happening at around two in the morning so whatever Lauren had in her sleeve, they could work it out. And they did.

Lauren dragged Grim for a hike since she was only going to turn in a paper for one subject that day and after that she was free.

It was the least Grim expected from the green-eyed girl to come up with but the latter said that she felt like going outdoors to experiment with her werewolf skills without being under the scrutiny of the public eye so what better place to do it than the mountains, right?

Lauren took pictures all throughout the hike even if Grim kept teasing her that her face would be known by the entire world if in a few days if she kept it up, knowing that the green-eyed girl would be posting it on Tumblr. Lauren didn't care though and she continued taking pictures of Grim until they found a spot to camp. Grim watched Lauren for a while as she studied the pieces of the tent, looking back and forth from the manual to the materials laid in front of her.

With her arms crossed, Grim leaned against a tree, smirking at the green-eyed girl. The latter felt her amusement and she whipped her head towards her direction, glimmering golden eyes glaring.

"You can't make yourself a little bit useful?" She said, making the Alpha chuckle.

"You're the one who goes to college here," Grim said teasingly. "Not to mention that you're studying interior design or whatever that shit is."

Lauren rolled her eyes and focused her attention back to the tent. She knew she couldn't rely on her but it was worth the try. Meanwhile, Grim began searching for firewood. For an hour, they did their tasks individually and by six o'clock they were finally eating the beef stroganoff that Lauren packed for dinner. The moon was out despite the sunset that painted the sky, and Grim couldn't help staring at its beauty.

"Up," the Alpha simply said abruptly, putting her food down as she stood up.

Lauren did the same despite her confusion and accepted the hand that Grim offered her. "Why? Where are we going?"

She wiped the sides of her mouth as they walked and grew even more intrigued when they stopped in front of a pine tree that was probably as tall as a mall.

Grim's eyes glinted with interest, and she grinned at her girlfriend. "Can you climb?"

"This won't fall?" Lauren asked hesitantly, squinting her eyes to see the end of the tree but she couldn't due to its unbelievable height.

"If it does you'll break a few bones but you'll heal."

"Wow. Thanks for the inspiration," Lauren said sarcastically as Grim laughed. She grabbed the tree and had a feel for it. "Race you at the top?"

Grim scoffed, receiving a challenging look from Lauren. "You'll lose anyway."

She stood on the pine tree beside the one Lauren was already seizing, grinning as she felt the green-eyed girl's mild irritation.

"We'll see about that," Lauren said as her face was filled with determination.

It almost made Grim nervous but as an Alpha, she had enough confidence in herself. Perhaps she had too much of it, and unlike Lauren, she broke a lot of branches on the way up, passing through them instead of maneuvering her way around as she held onto the flinty trunk. She used strength instead of agility, and lost to Lauren only by a second.