11

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
You Just Don't Know How to Fight

❯❯❯❯❯

Grim woke up to a numb body, her eyes being met by a sleeping Angel on top of her. They were still on the floor of by fireplace, and she felt gross when she remembered the events from last night. Angel didn't finish cleaning her up and now her favorite shirt was lying ripped on the floor beside her, along with the materials Angel would've used.

"Angel," she said, her voice hoarse. "Wake up. You need to go to class."

"Five more minutes," Angel mumbled irritatedly against Grim's neck as she tightened her hold around her waist.

"I'm really gross right now."

Then, all of a sudden, Angel bolted upright, instantly being remembered what she was supposed to do. "Oh, shit. Your wounds! I fell asleep!"

Grim chuckled, thankful that she could feel her bloodstream working again as she sat up. "Yeah, you're too busy bawling your eyes out last night as if I was dying."

Angel hurled the wet cloth at her as she gathered the scattered things on the floor. "You're a dick. Go clean yourself up. I'm making breakfast."

"I'm just gonna take a shower," Grim said, taking the cloth from her chest and stealing the kit and the basin from Angel's hands once she caught up to her. "Surprise me with some bombass breakfast. I'll take care of this."

Utterly confused, Angel watched with her mouth slightly open as Grim made her way to the bathroom. Why was she acting strangely nice? Was it because of what she did last night that she was doing this to make it up to her? But Grim came home in the same state plenty of times before and she was never that . . . nice. She showed remorse for what she did though but she didn't act the way she just did. Angel would know if she was guilty, but right now Grim wasn't filled with guilt although she had it in her.

She was happy.

❯❯❯❯❯

"Grim isn't feeling well?" Lauren repeated what Angel said when they noticed her absence.

"Her little girlfriend's worried," DJ teased in a low voice so only Normani could hear it.

"That's odd," Normani said, ignoring DJ's remark as she herself wasn't able to take in the information yet. "No offense but I didn't think gangsters get sick."

Vyn couldn't help but laugh. "We're gangsters, Normani, not immortals."

"I heard what went down at the Lair last night," Jett whispered to Trix, having their own little bubble why Lauren was asking Angel how Grim was doing. "Why didn't she call for our help?"

Trix stared at him for a second to see if he was being serious. "That's Grim. What else do you expect? She'd rather have herself beaten up alone instead of dragging us along."

"If she only played my team, I'm pretty sure I'd marry her right away." Jett said, earning a playful slap from Trix. "We'll have to see her later."

However, the two didn't realize that Normani, who had her hair being played with DJ out of the blue, was listening to them.

"We should come with you," she proclaimed before looking over her shoulder to look at her best friend. "You want to see her, don't you, Laur?"

"Yeah," Lauren replied, her cheeks slightly turning pink. "I still have to return her jacket anyway."

Jett suddenly tensed up and he casted a nervous look at Angel. "Um . . . I don't know if—"

"No offense, ladies, but Grim wouldn't want you anywhere near her if she's sick," Vyn interrupted. "And no one's coming either. Dad needs extra hands tonight at the Red Moon, remember? Grim would've been there but obviously she won't be able to make it."