II

'Great! This is absolutely fantastic! Of course Mr. Stark had to call you right in the middle of a panic attack! Now you have to calm down or else he'll ask and have to deal with you.'

Peter had five minutes to calm down before he would leave. As much as he admired Mr. Stark and wanted to make him proud, he also didn't want to worry him. He knew that he was already busy enough, as Mr. Stark was a billionaire and in the Avengers.

Peter tried to breathe normally and after a few minutes he succeeded, so he decided to get into the Spider-Man suit and head over. He knew May was out, but still left her a note saying he had gone to the Stark Tower for a bit, just incase she got back earlier then he did.

He climbed out the window and swung from building to building to get to the tower faster. He knew Mr. Stark didn't like to wait on him. He arrived ten minutes later, Stark waiting out front.

"Hello Mr. Stark," Peter greeted his mentor.

"Kid, I told you to call me Tony. 'Mr. Stark' makes me feel like I'm old." Tony patted Peter on the back.

"Now to show you what I've been working on." And with that, Tony walked away. Peter quickly followed.

He didn't take his Spider-Man mask off yet, he didn't know if his eyes were still puffy from crying. Tony led him into the building and up to the lab, moving quick. Peter followed close behind, excited to see what his mentor had made.

Tony opened the lab and walked over to one of the many tables and showed him. "I made you some new web shooters! These hold more of the web solution and it's a lot tougher than the older ones." Tony said, picking up the newer web shooters.

"Wow! Thanks so much Mr- I mean Tony!" Peter smiled but forgot that Tony couldn't see because of the mask.

"Why's your mask still on kid? You know we're inside, right?" Tony asked.

"Oh, y-yeah! I know, sorry." Peter took his chances and took the mask off. Tony immediately noticed Peter's red and puffy eyes.

"Are you ok Pete?" Tony tilted his head slightly, waiting for a response.

"Oh! Yeah, I'm fine, just allergies," Peter managed to say calmly.

Tony didn't buy it. The kid would've told him about his allergies by now, since Peter would never shut up. He decided not to press any further as it was probably something like him and May got into a fight. By then Peter had already moved onto examining the newest gadget he had collected from Tony.

—————————

An hour later Tony's phone started to buzz. "Hold on a sec kid, I gotta take this." He called out, pulling his phone out of his pocket, "but I'll be right back." Tony stepped out and heard a muffled "Ok!" was heard from in the lab.

Tony pressed accept and put the phone to his ear. "Hello, Tony Stark speaking," He greeted the caller.

"Great, you were the next person on May Parker's emergency contact list," The speaker spoke in a monotone voice.

"Emergency contact? Is she alright?" Tony's voice was confused and skeptical sounding.

"No. She just got into a car accident and died on impact. Is there someone named Peter Parker with you? We tried contacting him but he didn't pick up," Tony then realized what he would have to do.

"Yes, he's here with me." He frowned. Poor kid.

"Ok, thanks for your cooperation Mr. Stark." And with that, the caller hung up.

Tony sighed. "Now what am I gonna do?"