V

The food was done an hour later, at six-thirty. Clint came in and told the two that dinner was ready, and the three of them walked into the dining room. The rest of the Avengers looked up, staring at Peter. He immediately felt uncomfortable, he didn't like attention. The sounds and people were overwhelming, and Tony noticed.

"Hey kid, wanna eat out in the living room?" He spoke gently, not wanting to cause the boy to go into a panic.

"S-sure." Peter mumbled. He was uncomfortable under everyone's stares.

"Alright, I'll bring you some food back. Go sit," Tony whispered. The kid nodded and walked into the living room, disappearing from sight.

"Is the Man of Spiders not eating?" Thor broke the silence.

"He is. Just not in here with you crazy people." Tony smiled.

"Why's that? He seemed.. well, not calm exactly but.. sad? Something like that." Banner spoke up, fiddling with his hands.

"When I met the kid he told me his senses were dialed to something like eleven, so all of you talking is like a school cafeteria." Tony tried his best to explain the situation, remembering what Peter had told him.

"Oh." was all Bruce said before sitting down.

Tony grabbed some food for Peter and walked out to the living room. "Here. Careful kid, it's a little hot." Tony slowly gave the bowl to Peter. He nodded and grabbed the fork Stark was holding. "You ok out here?" He asked. Peter simply nodded and started to eat. The man smiled and left the room, walking back to the kitchen.

"So, how long is he staying?" Natasha asked, serving plates.

"I'm not sure. Social Services are going to be looking for him, and they'll put him in god knows where. I'm not exactly sure what to do here." Tony rambled, thinking of the best solution.

"Adopt him then." She spoke the words firmly, staring at Tony.

"W-what? Adopt him? Jesus Nat, I couldn't do that! I'm not the father type!" He spluttered. The rest of the group looked at him.

"Tony. We saw you with the kid, and I looked back at the security footage. You don't just do that for someone unless you love them. You love Peter like a son, I can see it. We all do-" Steve gestured to the group, -"you are the father type. Stop doubting yourself Tony. And it's not like you're going to raise him alone! You have Pepper and us. You won't be alone in this."

Tony nodded. He looked at Steve and sighed, "You know, for once you're right Rogers." Steve smiled, nodding. The group ate, talking about different missions and old memories.

They eventually finished and decided on a movie night. "Who's picking the movie?" Bruce asked.

"Hmm, if I'm correct then it should be me." Clint smirked, looking at the group.

They groaned in annoyance. Whenever it was Clint's turn to pick, he'd always choose some sad Disney movie. It turned everyone but Tony and Natasha into a sobbing mess.

"Maybe we should let the kid pick?" Bruce winced, not entirely sure.

"Good idea, but I don't think it's a good one right now. He'd overwhelmed and scared and we need to slowly ease into it. If anything I think it's a great idea for Clint to choose the movie. Let him see us crying, show him our weak side." Tony chose his words carefully, he knew Pete could hear him.

"So it's settled. Bambi it is!" Clint smiled evilly, he loved this.

"Whatever Katniss, you cry too." Tony retorted and walked back into the living room.