X

Tony's breathing starting getting faster. He didn't know where his son was. He felt his hands shaking and his breathing was shaky. He didn't realize he had collapsed onto his knees. His head was in his hands as he shook. "Mr.Stark, it seems as if you're suffering from a severe anxiety attack. Shall I call Ms.Potts?" FRIDAY asked from the ceiling.

"W-what? W-here's P-Peter?" Tony stuttered. He was shaking even more now.

"He's currently in his room asleep. Mr.Banner put him there around two hours ago," FRIDAY replied.

Peter was in his room. In his room. His room. Room. Tony was freaking out over nothing. Tony's breaths returned to normal, yet he was still shaky. He'd been asleep for over two hours? Why hadn't anyone walked him up?

"Shall I call Ms.Potts?" FRIDAY repeated.

"N-no, don't," Tony said shakily.

He stood up from where he was, slowly looking around. Tony walked towards the medical bay doors  and opened them, looking both ways down the hallway. Peter's room. That was downstairs. He headed towards the stairs and walked down them shakily, holding onto the handrail to steady himself.

He walked to Peter's room and stopped in front of it. He took a breath and opened the door and looked inside. Peter was in his own bed. The hospital bed was next to his, and tubes were hooked up to him. Bruce was nowhere in sight. He was about to walk fully into the room when a hand stopped him. He whipped around, ready to fight. It was Steve. "What the hell Rogers?" Tony whisper-shouted.

"Leave him. Peter needs to sleep, he's been through a lot. Come eat, please. The team is worried about you." Steve spoke calmly, squeezing Tony's shoulder.

"Ok,"

The two walked to the kitchen to eat something, Tony slowly following Steve. When he reached the kitchen he saw the rest of the Avengers. They all looked horrible. Bags were under their eyes, and their skin was pale. Except Thor. His skin was fine, he is a god after all.

"What the hell happened to you?" Clint asked, looking up from his food.

"I stayed up too long and passed out. And you?" Tony shot back angrily.

"Calm down Stark. I just shot arrows until I couldn't keep my eyes open," Clint sighed. Tony looked at the rest of the team.

"I wasn't just talking to him, so spill." Tony gestured to the rest.

"I worked out until I passed out from exhaustion," Nat said.

"Tinkering." Bruce looked down at his hands. Thor didn't say anything.

"What about you, Point Break?" Tony raised his eyebrows.

"I smashed an abandoned planet in the galaxy,"

They all looked shocked, but nodded in the end.

"Were you the only one who didn't do something stupid Capsicle?" Tony turned to the solider.

"I destroyed a few punching bags, but I did sleep and eat unlike the rest of you." Steve replied, continuing to cook for Tony and him. When he finished Tony barley touched his food. He stood up and walked to the lab after only eating a few fries.

"Tony, you didn't eat anyth-" Steve started.

"I'm not hungry, ok? Don't bother me," Tony snapped. He continued to his lab, clenching his fists the whole way there. "FRIDAY, play my tunes, we're making a new suit," Tony said as he entered.

"Ok, sir,"

Tony slammed the lab door and slammed the door. He started to build a new suit, upgrading the parts that needed it as he went. Tony stayed in the lab for days. He wasn't even there when his son woke up.

-----------

Peter awoke a day later. He slowly stood up from his bed and rubbed his eyes. He was hungry. So Peter wandered down to the kitchen, checking the time. It was nine o'clock in the morning. Steve was already up, making breakfast for the team. "Good morning Captain," Peter mumbled as he walked past the solider.

"Peter?" Steve turned and saw the boy sitting at the table, shivering. He frowned. So Steve stopped what he was doing and went to fetch the kid a blanket, returning with Peter's favorite one. It was a queen sized grey blanket, and it was also extremely soft. Peter loved it.

"Here." Steve said, handing the blanket to Peter.

"Thanks," Peter smiled weakly. He looked so tired and frail.

"So, what would you like for breakfast?" Steve asked, turning back to his now burned eggs.

"Pancakes sound nice," Peter said after a minute. Steve nodded and went to grab the mix. He made the batter and started pouring it into the pan. Soon enough Bruce woke up, and upon seeing Peter nearly jumped out of his skin. He ran up to the Spiderling, scared.

"Wow, you're out of bed already? Can I check your vitals really quick? You don't even have to move, I'll bring everything here,"

Peter nodded and watched as the scientist run to the medical bay to grab what he needed. Bruce returned with a thermometer, a blood pressure machine, and a cup of water. He told Peter to put the thermometer in his mouth and to take it out when it beeped. While Peter did that Bruce wrapped the blood pressure cover around his arm. After a minute it was all done and Peter was fine, for the most part.

"You've got a fever," Bruce commented.

"Oh," Peter said.

The rest of the team came down and saw Peter. After hugging him and asking if he was ok they ate peacefully.

-----------

It was eight o'clock and the team were off doing their own things. Peter and Steve were watching a movie. Halfway through Peter had fallen asleep, his head resting on Steve's shoulder. The solider had smiled and continued watching the movie. After it was over he picked Peter up and brought him to his room.

As he was leaving he heard Peter say something.

"Steve, where's da-Tony?" He asked.

"I'm not sure. He stormed off to his lab yesterday and we haven't seen him since. He told us not to bother him, and when he gets like this we just let him work it out. It's for the best," Steve replied.

Tony wasn't seen for days after.

-----------

I'm so sorry for the long wait! My birthday was last week and I'm officially 14! Yay! And I watched Ironman 1 and 2 last night and let me tell you! It's was soooo good! Well, bye.