XVII

Peter felt like he was suffocating. It was like he had nowhere else to go, he had no one to turn to. He thought he was finally getting better; but to Peter's dismay it was just more false hope.

"Mr. Stark?" He called out.

"Dad?"

"Please, someone, anyone, help me!"

———————————————————————————

Tony was asleep, surprisingly. Despite it beings three in the morning him and Steve were both snuggled in his bed. But it didn't last long.

Tony awoke and immediately felt like something was wrong. He got up and paced around the house, feeling uneasy.

Something was very wrong and he knew it.

"Hey Fri, is Peter doing ok?" He asked for the ceiling.

"Peter isn't currently in his room, he told me not to tell you unless you asked. I'm not sure where he is at the moment, as he's done something to his tracker," The AI responded.

Tony felt his heart stop. Where was his kid?

He called his suit and went to find him, scared of what he would find.

~Earlier~

Peter gasped as he woke up. He'd had another nightmare about Aunt May. He was curled up in a ball, shaking and crying. Peter missed his aunt to much it hurt. The cuts on his thighs stung, so he decided to dress them properly.

Most of the cuts opened up when he removed the toilet paper, the cuts bleeding slowly.

"Crap..." Peter whispered. He quickly got up and dressed them, since everyone was asleep in the tower for once. Once he was done with that, he grabbed his suit and put it on.

'I just need some fresh air.. that's it'

Peter felt trapped in the tower, like he didn't belong. Something was wrong but he couldn't put his finger on it. All he knew was that he needed to get out before he had an attack again, and he didn't want Tony to see that.

———————————————————————————

"Friday, I need you to activate Far From Home protocol, now." Tony said frantically. His kid was gone and he was starting to panic.

Then Steve walked in and everything seemed to melt away.

"What's going on Tony?" Steve asked upon seeing the worried look on his boyfriend's face.

"Peters missing. He disabled his tracker and I can't find him. What if he's hurt?" Tony panicked.

"Tony, listen to me. Yes he's just a kid, but he's also strong. Friday will find him, trust me," Steve said, gripping Tony's shoulders and staring into his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah okay. Fri, how's the Far From Home protocol coming?" Tony asked, calling his suit.

"It's been activated sir. Peter appears to be just above us, on top of the building."

"What?" Tony said, shocked.

"Well let's get up there, we don't know what the kids doing," Steve said, rushing to the elevator.

"Hey smart-guy, I've got my suit, I'll carry you up." Tony motioned for his boyfriend to come over to him, so the genius could pick him up.

Tony opened up a window and flew up, Steve in his arms. If not for his kid on the roof, it would've been romantic, but they were both anxious to see what had happened to Peter.

Once Tony landed he immediately spotted his kid. Steve jumped out of his arms and the two ran over to the kid, still very much anxious.

"Pete, oh my god are you okay?" Tony gasped when he was next to the spiderling.

"Wha-what? I'm fine, I just needed some fresh air." Peter stood up, shocked.

"What the hell? Why didn't you tell someone? We thought you were fucking dead!" Tony snapped.

"I should be allowed to go out when I want! If I was dead Karen would've told you!" Peter snapped back, tears forming in his eyes.

"No! Not at all! You tell us when the fuck you leave and where the fuck you're going because for the last ten minutes I've been absolutely terrified thinking you killed yourself!" Tony wasn't crying, in fact he was shaking with anger.

Steve stood there, shocked.

"Hey Pete, he doesn't mean it he's jus-"

Peter cut him off, "No, he means it. And maybe I should be fucking dead." With that, Spider-Man leaped off the edge, webbing away to where he felt safe.

Tony went to rush after him, but Steve held him back. "I think you've done enough." Steve said harshly, walking towards the latter on the building.

"What have I done?" Tony mumbled, sitting down in defeat.

"Please, stay safe kid."

———————————————————————————

As Peter swung away, he started crying. Before he knew it he was sobbing in an alley, shaking and heaving for breath. After a while he fell asleep, tiring himself out.

Waking up the next morning was confusing. He was laying in an unfamiliar place, while cars zoomed by. Then he remembered last night. The alleyway, the fight, the anxiety attack. Peter didn't want to go back to the tower, but he didn't exactly have any other place to go. Other than May's grave.

So that's exactly where he went. He picked up some flowers and swung towards the cemetery where she'd been buried. It was the first time he'd been. Peter wasn't able to attend the funeral, because of his anxiety.

"Hey May, it's been awhile. Sorry I didn't go to the funeral, I just couldn't bare to see you... Truth be told I'm scared. I don't have a family anymore and I feel so alone. I just want you back, please I-i just want you-you back," Peter sobbed into the stone.

He passed out for the second time that day.

———————————————————————————

Am I at ALL sorry for not updating for a long time? Nope. I needed time and I didn't want to bullshit a chapter and just throw stuff out,
I wanted to actually have some good content for you guys. It's been a while so you can tell where I started the chapter and where I picked back off.

But I'm doing overall better, so expect chapters to be coming out!