Divisions(Prologue) 1

"(Y/n), are you still listening?"

(Y/n)'s hands wandered reaching out for a notepad but decided against using it.

"(S/n), what is the word that describes the cascading snow during Winter?" (S/n) stared but said nothing before she reached out for (Y/n)'s hands writing turning them so it was if (Y/n) was about to give her something before writing in the centers of the two palms, two separate words.

'Snow.' 'Fall.'

"Snowfall." (Y/n) said becoming silent yet again.

A strong but sightless silence.

~~~~~~~~❄❄~~~~~~~~

I stare out the glass window hearing the sound of birds and animals scurrying around salvaging food through fall storing it for the harsh winter.

(S/n), had a bey competition today but luckily a family friend of the (L/n)'s decision to watch how I was doing. I lift up my notepad and made a note to him.

'Can we go outside. I want to swing and walk around the garden.'

I then crumpled the note up and threw it in any direction off the second floor of our house. I started down the stairs grabbing the handrail close so I wouldn't fall down. Once I got down I bumped into someone's chest, I wrote another note.

'Outside.'

The Murasaki's usually aren't at their home. So their son Wakiya was always free to do what he wished. And today he wanted to watch over me. I wasn't complaining, Wakiya always took great care of me. We were about the same age I was only one year younger. Wakiya was my only friend. It was as if he knew what I wanted before I was to ask him.

If the coast was clear without my parents and sister I would speak out to Wakiya like I did when I had my eyesight.

"Don't worry (N/n), the coast is clear." I hear him say as he gently took my hand and helped me up. "Wakiya, tell me about your friends?" I asked. The boy started talking about how his friends loved Beyblade. Whatever that was. But as he started getting into it I saw it again.

Tiny specks of light fused together and a silhouette walked out of it. Scared at first, the world around me started to crumble and become ash at my feet. The figure started toward me in a slow and sauntering manner. As if saying it was okay that it wasn't there to hurt me. It stopped above me and opened its hand out but not before mouthing something to me. I watched as the silhouette looked behind itself, in the light that I couldn't see made the silhouette frown as it reached for me again this time urging me to follow him. I shook my head and the silhouette smiled sadly at me.

Before it could disappear I yelled out to him. "Please, return soon," I yelled at it. The silhouette turned back to me and then smiled before it voiced. "I'm not going anywhere." And with that, the silhouette disappeared. Disappeared under a fresh coat of sparkling snow.

"Yuki."

"What?" Wakiya asked. "Nothing." I retorted, thinking of the silhouetted figure. Wakiya took my hand and led me to the front door. "Do you still want to go outside?"I shook my head 'No' and we retreated to the couch again.

I sat down. First absorbing my surroundings. The space around me pooled with a white light, the ash at my feet lifted and turned into tiny goldfish that swam around the infinite space that was my mind.

I watched as the goldfish swarmed in a perfect sphere before swimming away to who knows where. As they swam the goldfish trailed small inky bubbles that grouped up and formed the shadowy figure that I met not long ago inside my mind.