Divisions 6

The dream came to me in a sudden as I immediately awoke back in the comfy seats of Wakiya's limo.

The dream entranced me. I don't know what made the shadow so bold, but it seemed adorable in certain ways.

As the limo pulled up into the driveway I quickly got out of the car yawning and quickly asking Wakiya if he could take me to my room. A strange feeling washed over me in a sweep. I smiled to myself as I anxiously took my time up the stairs to my room.

I closed the door before pausing and dropping to the floor. My feet were sore and scathed and so were my arms. Changing into my pajama's I slid into the bed pulling the sheets above my head like a young girl. How could you blame me I didn't expect THIS to happen.

That night I had a dreamless sleep. Not even the Shadow visited me in my dreams this time.

I awoke to the sound of chirping inside my room. I felt around on my bed to find a pair of clothes that were laid out for me to use. "Wakiya must have come in." I thought to myself quickly jumping out of my bed and putting on my clothes, discarding my pajama's on the newly made bed.

I grabbed the rail of the staircase as I slowly descended the many stairs. I trailed my hand along the walls to find the sounds of plates and forks colliding with each other. I frowned as I heard the tender sip of coffee entering someone's mouth.

Wakiya seemed to do that when he was incredibly upset or frustrated with something, something I had found out the hard way a while ago.

It was a spring day at the manor and Wakiya was training with Wyvron, his thoughts were clouded by the thought of losing to another blader again, and my presence wasn't exactly helping the situation.

  This was before the accident.

Wakiya was training with Wyvron mumbling under his breath about his loss to Valt as I sat down in a chair watching him. I remember the fruit I was eating clearly. A shiny red apple, reflecting the crimson color when the sun hit it.

I sighed catching the apple in the middle of my right palm before taking a huge bite of it. Crossing my legs in my ( Favorite color) sundress my sister gifted me I observed as Wakiya started getting frustrated. I laughed a bit.

"I've never seen you this mad Waki," I said almost smugly. I eyed the tea set across from me. Wakiya had taken up drinking coffee and it started to worry me. But slowly I reached out for another cup to pour me some.

I gazed at the lukewarm water speeding from the teapot into my cup. I held the cup up to my lips to take a sip. The drink was bitter, the surface was calm almost cold but as it met my tongue it burnt it so I dropped the teacup. It landed on the floor with a crash and brown water spilled over the ground.

I picked up my apple that had fell on the floor in the process of drinking my coffee and threw into the trash.

Wakiya only peered up for a second calling a maid in to clean up the spilled coffee at my feet. He then took his own cup and slurp of coffee into his mouth while rubbing his nose. Before I knew it Wakiya seemed to collapse on the table and one of the butlers assigned by Wakiya drove me home.

That day I remember it clearly because it was not even five minutes after we left the mansion when a truck slammed into the car with me in it.

If only that did not happen.

I heard the whirl of police cars rushing to the rescue claiming that there was a survivor in the back of the car. I heard the medic repeat over my frantic heartbeat that I had lost so much blood. I could feel the searing pain in the back of my mind and my knee's my arms had shards of glass embedded in them and my (hair color) was matted from my blood.

I was hooked up to a life support machine after, life support machine. And every day it seemed I had lost more blood than I had gained. All the tests the surgery's on my frail body the constant word flying out of the doctor's mouth and the everlasting sound of the heart rate monitor. I remembered drinking coffee and eating an apple with Wakiya but all I could do now was squint at the light as my vision started to fade by the day. And then one day I woke up and screamed.

If I could only see for a second...

I couldn't see a thing, even as much as I thrashed in my bed I couldn't get over it. I cried for days on end. The doctors used so much blood that their supply seemed to run low until Wakiya offered to donate his. I yelled at him and hit him in his head cried for him to end my suffering, but it seemed like the latter didn't listen to no matter how much I pleaded. The next few weeks weren't that good either. By now I accepted being sightless. I could hear the strain on Wakiya's voice as he spoke to me every day. Sometimes I could hear him slurping on coffee.

If Wakiya let me go.

He seemed so upset after the incident. After months in the hospital, I was released.

The memories were still vivid in my mind. And I could only shiver when I remembered them.

"Good morning Wakiya." I said with a smile as I walked forward toward the table where he greeted me with a discreet "Good morning". I sat down with a smile and ate the food that was placed in front of me thanks to one of the maids.

"So what's on today's agenda Waki?" I said and I heard the sound of a fork falling back on a plate.

"You haven't called me that in years."

I smiled a bit chuckling.

"I know."

I heard a maid walk into the room offering Wakiya another cup of coffee only to be sent away with the coffee cart in tow.

I could hear the happiness in his voice.

"We should go into town today!" He said and I nodded in agreement, before using my napkin to wipe off food from the corners of my mouth.

I stood up from the chair vision blurred a bit and made my way to Wakiya.

I set a hand on his shoulder with a smile.

If our dynamic changed.

I wouldn't know where I'd be if Wakiya left me in the hospital.