Wedding day

Y/n pov

The day I've been dreaming of for my whole life has finally arrived.

My wedding day.

I'm finally marrying the love of my live, Kehlani Ashley Parrish.

"Alright y/n let's get this dress on girly!" My maid of honor and mom yelled.

I grabbed my dress from the closest and my eyes immediately started to water.

"Nope. I am not messing up this beautiful masterpiece." I said referring to my freshly beat face.

I slipped in the dress with little hesitation. I had my mom lacing the back up while my M.O.H was helping my with my shoes and vail.

I closed my eyes as a mirror was placed in front of me.

"You can open your eyes now." My sister sweetly said as she rubbed my back.

I slowly opened them and gasped at the sight.

"Oh my gosh

"Oh my gosh... this is really happening. IM THE FIRST ONE IN THE FAMILY TO HAVE A LESBIAN WEDDING! FUCK YEAH!" I yelled through tears.

"Now i have to fix my makeup!" I said laughing.

"You look beautiful y/n/n." My mom softly said kissing my head.

"Thank you mama." I hummed

"Let's get this show on the road y/n. Kehlani's waiting for you." My family demanded.

*At the altar*

My dad wrapped our arms together as the music started to play. The church doors swung open and all of my nerves went away as soon as I saw Kehlani.

Everyone stood and many recorded as I smiled cheekily. My eyes landed back on Kehlani and she looked beautiful.

Better than me honestly.

As I finally reached the beautiful woman that I'll soon be calling my wife I smiled bigger than I ever imagined

*Skip to the vows*

" Kehlani, I have often said you are my anchor, my rock- supporting me on many journeys and steadying me with your love. On this day, in front of all of our community, I pledge my steadiness to you. I have learned so much from you- your honesty and integrity have taught me to be true to myself and others.

Your thoughtfulness and generosity have taught me to give with intention. Your playfulness in the light of my humor has taught me to expand my definition of 'silly' and your willingness to try new things has taught me to expand my definition of adventure."

I finished my vows and tears were unnoticeably dropping as Kehlani reached to wipe them away before she started hers.

"Y/n, I promise to always defend your right to be you- courageous, honest, full of light.

I promise to care for you when you are sick and celebrate with you in health.

I promise to be your playmate who finds life a juicy treat and to be your lover who makes passion delicious.

I promise to remember that our highest values of community, spirituality, justice, environment, and levity always come before & above material possessions.

I promise to hold my dreams and to encourage you in holding yours as we build new ones together.

I promise to laugh often and pull together during hard times. I promise to work to be my best, most authentic self, every day.

And so, y/n/n, today I pledge my love to you. I promise to push you out on many journeys; then anchor you with no motion at all. I will be your ardent lover, your faithful companion, your steadfast friend, your greatest cheerleader, and above all, hold you gently, but firmly, as the love of my life as long as we both shall live."

I looked towards our family and friends and saw others crying harder than us.

"I now pronounce you wife and wife. You may kiss your bride!"

Kehlani leaned in and smashed her lips against mine and my hands were on her shoulders and hers were tightly rapped around my waist.

All that was heard was cheering and the laughs of us enjoying the amazing support we had.

awe this made me soft and shout out to the girl who gave me this idea. vote and comment. love you guys 💕💕