5

I get into my class at that moment. As soon as I walk into the philosophy class all eyes are on me. All 15 Philosophy students stare at me.

It doesn't end there. When class ends people are staring at me more.

"How are you feeling?"

I meet up with Jordan at the cafeteria. More people are staring at me. I've never been so stared at in my life.

"I think people know that I turned down Gamma," I state.

That was the only reasons I could think for getting as much attention as I am getting. It's a little weird because before today no one noticed me but today everyone is looking my way. No one really says anything or talks about it but it's clear that things are awkward.

That's when I notice Jordan's face. Jordan has a look of worry on his face. He honestly looks concerned. There has only been one other time Jordan has given me this concerned look. It was the day that we had found out that my brother Ross committed suicide.

Jordan shakes his head, "Damn. You haven't heard then?"

"Heard what?"

"Shady Shanice was on the radio today. She was discussing you."

I almost laugh at the idea of it. I've heard about Shady Shanice from Jordan a few times. Supposedly it was the college radio and she went around getting dirt on people. Everyone listened to it but I honestly didn't care to. I was never really into gossip. The fact that Shady Shanice was talking about me on her radio station was laughable.

"You sure they got the right Mariano?" I ask, "I know it's not a common name but..."

Jordan cuts me off. He doesn't find this funny.

"She was talking about you...and Gaige."

My mouth drops.

Fuck.

"You're joking."

Jordan isn't joking. I turn around and notice the glares of people in a different way now. They knew I was gay! I just don't understand how this could have happened. Gaige and I had been so fucking careful. This whole time we were dating and no one knew about us. All of a sudden now that we broke up someone knew? No only a few people either. The entire school knew that Gaige and I were together.

Jordan puts his hand on my hand. I think my best friend can tell that I'm nervous and I think he feels like he's nervous for me or something.

"I'm not joking," Jordan tells me and takes a deep breath, "We can go to Shady Shanice. Maybe if you pay her off she'll spin the story and say that she got some false information or something before this somehow gets back to your parents. You know how active of an Alumni your dad is."

I bury my head in my hands. What if this did get back to my parents? My entire life would be ruined if they found out. All of a sudden Jordan puts things into perspective. Fuck this school. I wasn't popular anyway.

"Jordan everyone's looking at me," I state.

"Stop freaking out."

"Jordan! I can't yo what the fuck?"

I'm shaking at that moment. All of a sudden I'm thinking about just how religious my mother is. I'm thinking about just how big my dad is on people being masculine. He'd raised all sons. He always assumed that he'd have a lot of grandkids. This would destroy him. My grandfather was so conservative too. My entire life was ruined.

"I'm going to need you to be strong right now...Gaige just walked into the cafeteria."

Gaige usually was at football practice around now. The fact that he skipped practice to come to the cafeteria probably only meant one thing.