6

Gaige is nervous when he is sitting at Tony's. Tony's is the restaurant right off campus. It's one of the only places in town that students go eat if they want to at least feel a little fancy. Mariano was usually on time but now Mariano is running a little late. Gaige is a little nervous thinking that Mariano won't show up at all. He fiddles with his watch.

He checks the time a few more times. This wasn't like him. There are a couple girls who are looking him up and down, checking him out. Gaige looked good. He knew it. He wasn't the type to sit there and get so excited about just seeing a guy.

"Is this seat taken?" someone asks.

It's one of the girls who was staring looking at him. She isn't the one sitting with the others. She was sitting alone in the diner. Girls usually hit on Gaige a lot more than the other guys in Gamma. Maybe it was because after he had that sex tape with Marilyn he had become some sort of sex legend.

"Actually yeah...my boyfriend is coming."

Sure, it was just a half truth. He wasn't really dating Mariano any longer but he planned on winning Mariano over by the end of the night.

"Oh my god...are you that gay guy that was on Shady Shanice?" she asks.

She's a freshman. Either that or a transfer. There was no way in hell that someone didn't know who Gaige of the Gammas was. Sometimes he regretted the fact that he was so popular. It's clear she is. She has long black hair and olive skin. She's really quite pretty. Her long hair flows all the way to her butt. She seems elegant too.

There was no way he was going to risk Mariano even if this girl was sexy as hell.

"Yeah I guess that's what I'm known for now huh?" Gaige asks.

She smiles, "Interesting. Are you...sure you're gay?"

With that she sits down anyway. The girl was ballsy. He'd give her that. She starts to rub her hand up his thigh at that moment clearly seeming to be poking at flirting. Before she gets too high he grabs her wrist to stop her.

"I'm sure."

"Am I interrupting something?" someone says.

Just at that moment Mariano appears. Mariano sees that the girl is leaned over on the table next to Gaige. It looks kind of compromising. Gaige realizes he isn't in the wrong but it doesn't stop him from overreacting, jumping up from the table and hopping into the aisle to get as far away from the strange girl as possible.

"No baby your good," Gaige says.

He looks guilty. He just looks like he was doing something wrong. Mariano is giving him this weird suspicious look too.

"Mariano!"

Mariano looks at the girl. Great. They knew each other. This made things even more awkward for Gaige.

Mariano squints at the girl for a few seconds, "Nadia? I didn't recognize you without your hijab."

"You two know each other?" Gaige asks.

"This is Caliph's cousin," Mariano stated, "I didn't recognize her without her hijab."

"Interesting, my cousin never mentioned that his roommate was gay," Nadia states.

"Well he didn't know. I just told him," Mariano replies, "He didn't really take it very well. I guess his religion is really against the whole idea of homosexuals."

There is an awkward silence.

Nadia forces a smile, "It's complicated. But that should be none of our business. I'll definitely have to talk to my cousin about it. He shouldn't force his views on others or get in anyone's business. Besides you and your boyfriend seem very happy. He was actually just telling me how amazing you two are."