( one ) jack anderson

you hummed sleepily as you looked at jack, your wonderful boyfriend, through your phone screen. he was currently on tour, miles away from you, and you missed him. the timezones were way off so it was afternoon for him and around one am for you.

he was animatedly talking about his most recent concert, and you drowsily smiled at him, only half listening. you stared at him, taking in all of his wonderful features.

his cheeks flushed as he realized you were staring at him dreamily. "y/nnn," he whined, yanking you back down to earth. "you're not paying attention!"

"sorry, baby," you murmured, suppressing a yawn. "you're too cute to not look at. jack blushed once more. "and i'm really tired." you closed your eyes, propping your head up with your hand.

"well, then i'll get off and we can talk later, okay?"

"no, don't leave me," you giggled, deliriously from lack of sleep (having stayed up to talk the night before), but quietly as to not wake your family.

"well, there's not much i can do then!" jack laughed his wonderful laugh and your heart fluttered, all the times the two of you had laughed together flashing through your mind.

muffled voices could be heard entering the room, and jack briefly turned his attention to his band mates entering the hotel room. "who ya talking to, jack?" a teasing voice could be heard and y/n gave a sleepy giggle.

"oh, hey, y/n!" finn's face popped up behind jack's and he waved at you. malcolm and ayla appeared on the screen and they both greeted you enthusiastically.

"hey, guys!" you said, failing to stifle a yawn.

"jesus, jack," ayla joked, poking him. "why are you keeping her up that late?"

"such a bully," malcolm sighed, shaking his head.

"he's the worst," you laughed, joining in with their teasing.

"ugh, all of you suck," jack grumbled.

"i'm kidding, baby," you assured him. you hummed and yawned once more. "i'm really tired, so i should get off, and we'll talk tomorrow okay?"

your boyfriend rolled his eyes at you. "that's literally what i suggested, like, three minutes ago."

ayla giggled at you when you said, "it makes more sense when i say it, though."

"you're a mean girlfriend, y/n," he pouted. 

"why don't you dump me, then?" you joked, hoping he realized that you were indeed messing with him.

"i could never do that," he whispered, but you heard every word. "i love you more than you could possibly realize." your heart swelled at his loving words.

"i love you so damn much, jacky," you assured him. he sighed at the nickname, but he secretly loved it. 

"sleep well, n/n," he told you and reluctantly ended the call. he missed you a lot, and unfortunately, he wouldn't see you for a while longer, but he knew that the both of you were counting down the days.

you had a little trouble falling asleep, wishing jack were there to cuddle you, but at the same time, you were glad he was away. you were glad that he was off doing the thing he most loved. this was the chance of a lifetime: being in a worldwide known band, with his best friends, traveling the world. you were insanely proud of him and all that he had accomplished so far. "i love you, jacky," you whispered again into the darkness, before shutting your eyes and falling into a deep sleep. you'd be with jack again soon, but soon couldn't come soon enough.

--

omg that was so bad i suck at endings but i hope you enjoyed :)