( five ) malcolm craig

requested by @avenghoes i love you so much thank you!!

you were so done. finn and had cheated on you, and you knew it. you had evidence in his texts and lies he had told you. this had been going on for months and time was up. you were going to dump his ass. 

being calpurnia's number one fan, you were at the studio where they practiced. malcolm walked into the room, holdingnhis drumsticks with a bag on his shoulder. he was taken aback when he saw you, his best friend over anyone (including jack), sitting on the couch, scrolling through your instagram feed. 

"n/n, what are you doing here?" he asked.

you smiled, trying to stop yourself from crying. "just here to see finn." he must've seen the look in your eyes, because malcolm set down his bag and drumsticks and came to sit next to you on the couch. 

"what's really wrong?" he demanded. if was as if a dam broke, you began to sob, and your friend rubbed your back as you cried. 

"i-its f-finn!" you wept. "h-he's been cheating on me! i h-have screenshots a-and he's been d-ditching me lately, but sometimes i s-s-see him with another girl. h-he's not g-g-good at sneaking around." malcolm was quite for a moment, and tension filled the air. you saw that his fists were balled and you were shocked. malcolm was never violent, but it looked like he was about to punch something. he gave you a big hug, and you clung to him, your tears falling onto his shirt. he prayed that you didn't feel how fast his heart was beating, as it udully fluttered around in his chest whenever he was around you, which was quite often.

at that moment, finn walked in, and saw the two of you. "y/n! what are you doing here?"

you sniffed and wiped at your eyes. "i'm breaking up with you, finn." you didn't care that ayla and jack were about to join y'all. you didn't care that the two of you weren't alone. you cared that your boyfriend had been lying to you for god knows how long, and didn't seem to care about how you would feel. you got up from the couch and went to stand in front of finn. you didn't hear malcolm come up behind you, but he slipped his hand into yours and gave it a comforting squeeze. 

finn glanced at your locked hands, and realization overcame him. "oh, you like malcolm now. nice, y/n, are you gonna go for jack once you're done with him?" rage filled you.

"excuse me?" you shrieked. malcolm and finn winced and took a step back. "i know that you've been cheating on me, and you have the audacity to say that i'm just going to throw people away like they're garbage? no, you're the one who's been treating ME like trash and i'm done. you and me, we're over." finn looked stunned and you stormed out, malcolm hot on your heels. 

"damn, y/n, that was insane. he was way out of line," your best friend panted once you slowed to a stop. you took a deep breath and tried to calm your heart that was beating a mile a minute. "how do you feel now?" he asked hesitantly.

you were quiet for a moment. "better," you said honestly. "i was kind of...relieved? i guess that's the word. i don't know, i just think the spark faded." you made a face. "ew, that was so cliche." malcolm laughed, and you felt your heart racing, and you knew that it wasn't from the adrenaline rush. you grabbed malcolm's hand. "i think i like someone else. i have for a while, but i guess i didn't realize it." you smiled hopefully at him, and he beamed at you, before pressing a quick kiss to your cheek. his cheeks turned bright pink, and yours felt warm as well. 

"i promise to be loyal," malcolm said. you rolled your eyes and he grinned at you. "too soon?"

--

finn would be the most loyal bitch tbh

also cell by calpurnia is the best fucking song im prepared to fight anyone on that

love yall!

-percy xx