( three ) ayla tesler-mabe

"happy birthday, babe!" ayla cheered, as soon as you opened the door, letting her in your humble home. she tackled you in a hug and pressed kisses all over your face. you squealed and laughed, untangling yourself from her grip. you tightly grabbed her hand and lead her to your room. the two of you sat next to each other on your bed and began cuddling up to one another. 

"what'd you get me?" you asked your beautiful girlfriend, but she shook her head.

"nope," she said. "no presents until after we eat cake.". you immediately pulled the puppy dog eyes. 

"can i get a sneak peek?" you begged, but ayla remained strong, though on the inside she thought you were too cute to resist. the two of you remained in your room until your mom called up to you, saying that a few other of your friends were here. you and ayla held hands and headed to greet the guests. finn, jack, and malcolm were the first few to show up, along with y/b/f and some other friends from school. after all of the friends you had invited showed up and present were placed in the living room, you led your friends to your backyard, where there different games to play. "i wanted a carnival themed party this year," you informed your friends. 

"okay!" your mom said, getting everyone's attention. "over there is a bouncy house, because my now 17 year old daughter is a child. there's a dunking booth where y/n bribed her brother to do in exchange for her paying him 20 dollars and a week's worth of chores."

"it better be worth it!" you yelled, and you saw your younger brother roll his eyes from where he was siting in the dunking booth. 

"there's more games around here and a snack table over by the bouncy house. cake will be soon, have fun!" your mom went inside and everybody dispersed. you grabbed y/b/f and ayla's hand and dragged them to the bouncy house. you kicked off your shoes and scrambled inside, laughing. you started jumping and shouted at them to join. the three of you bounced, giggling loudly and talking about random things. you could see a few friends attempting to dunk your brother and it made you smile. you grew tired quickly from all the jumping you were doing, and you went to get a snack. malcolm was standing by the table talking to a girl you met in chemistry. 

"hey, parker," you said, hugging her and then grabbing some popcorn. "glad you could make it."

"glad i came," she said, then shot a look at malcolm, her cheeks turning pink. you smirked and planned to tease her about it at school. all of your friends seemed to be having a lot of fun. your brother had been dunked a few times, and the sight of him soaking wet, about to be dunked once more, made you laugh. you took a few turns trying to hit the target that would drop the seat he was sitting on but your aim was terrible. you cut his laugh short when you stalked up and pushed the target, releasing him into the water. 

after taking some turns with finn on the mini bowling game you helped set up, your mom called to everybody and said it was time for cake. your face lit up when you say the cake. it was your favourite flavour and the theme was your favourite tv show. after singing the happy birthday song, you all got slices of cake and made conversation while eating. once most of the guests finsihed eating (there's always that one person), you started to open your presents. ayla got you some merch of your favourite music artist. y/b/f got you a locket with a picture of the two of you when you guys were little kids. some people got you handwritten cards along with gift cards to restaurants. soon, it was time for everyone to go. y/b/f was the last to leave. you gave them a bear hug and promised to text them later, you had tea to spill. ayla was still here, planning on spending some of your birthday with just the two of you. you guys were cuddling on the couch. ayla was stroking your hair and you sighed with content. 

"thank you for coming today ayla, it was really fun with you here."

"of course, baby. i wouldn't miss it for the world."

"i love you, ayla tesler-mabe." there was a few moments of silence, and you sat up. "i'm sorry,, i didn't mean-"

"i love you, too," she interrupted, smiling. you beamed back and pressed your lips to hers. it was silent between you once more and you were happy wrapped in your girlfriend's arms.