( another cute blurb ) finn wolfhard

you were sitting on the couch, watching some netflix, when your phone rang. you paused your show, and answered. finn's cheery voice greeted you. "hey, n/n! wanna hang out with me and ayla? we can meet up at the park in an hour or so."

"sure! i'll meet y'all there, it's not far from my house." you said goodbye and hung up, feeling jittery. you had liked finn for a long time, and you loved hanging out with him. not bothering to check the weather, you changed out of your pj's into a cute t-shirt with jeans and sneakers. the day before was warm, so you assumed the weather wouldn't have changed.

by the time you got to the park an hour later, you were regretting your decision, no matter how cute you looked. you saw finn jogging over to you. "where's ayla?" you asked, instead of saying hello. 

"something came up with her family. looks like it's just the two of us," he smiled at you, and your stomach erupted into butterflies. you hoped that your awkwardness wouldn't ruin the whole afternoon.

"what do you have planned?" you asked.

"uh, i was just planning to have a chill day to walk around and catch up, since i'm always gone." you nodded and you began to stroll. after a few minutes, a breeze blew by and you shivered. 

"it was warm yesterday," you laughed. "i thought it'd be warm again." 

finn took off his sweatshirt, and passed it to you. "here, you can wear this."

"no, i don't want you to be cold." he rolled his eyes at you. 

"just take it. i'll be fine. see? long sleeves." you put on his sweatshirt, and smiled. 

"thanks, finn. i'll give it back tomorrow." after that, you guys walked around for a long time and caught up on what had been going on in each other's lives. finn was having way more than you, but he still listened to everything you said. a few times, his hands brushed up against yours. your face warmed up, and you linked you fingers. he smiled widely at your intertwined hands, and held it properly. he didn't let go. 

"so," finn said, casually, as he started on a new topic. "have you ever been rejected?"

"have you?"

"hey, i asked you first." 

you sighed dramatically. "yes, once."

"really?" he asked immediately.

"yeah, i've never gotten over it. a dog rejected me when i tried to pet her. it was my first real heartbreak."

he was quiet for a second and then burst out laughing. "y/n, what the hell?" he shouted in between laughter. you joined him, snickering loudly. "okay, well i'm not answering after that ridiculous answer." he refused to answer, despite your protests.

after about a couple hours or so, finn checked the time on his phone and sighed. "time for me to go home."

"i know short cut," you told him. "my house isn't far from here." once back at your house, finn smiled at you. 

"this was fun, y/n. i don't suppose you'd want to do this again?" he trailed off hopefully, looking at you. grinning broadly, you nodded. "it's a date!" he exclaimed. he kissed you on the cheek briefly, before shouting "bye!" and running off. you squealed and ran to your room.

later that night, your phone rang as you were resting on the couch, still wearing finn's hoodie. it was so comfy and smelled like him. it was finn trying to facetime you. you answered and said hello.

"hey, n/n. are you still wearing my hoodie?"

"ye, and there's no way that you're ever getting it back," you joked.

he rolled his eyes. "you're an asshole."

"but i'm your asshole," you cheekily smiled.

"no, you're just an asshole." you stuck your tongue out at him and he smiled at you. "i'm kidding, though, you can keep it."

"thank you, finn." you smiled at him, but then said, "i love you, but i'm fucking watching the umbrella academy and this is the second time today that you've interrupted me. i will see you tomorrow. goodbye." you hung up, and resumed your show. your phone dinged, signalling a text.

finn<3

aight fuck u too ig 

y/n is the baddest bitch

ksfhslj sOrry thot,,,nothing comes between me n five.

good niGHT

finn<3

night thot ily

--

hEy yall its ur fave thot im bad at endings also creds to people on tumblr for a lot of the inspo klasfh yall the real ones