Trouble, Promise, Kiss.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

That sound. That sound I hated so much was heard for the third time this morning and each time it was heard my hand slammed against it hitting the snooze button. Ehh! Fuck! Why won't it stop?! I hate that stupid sound! Why can't it stop and let me be? Little rays of light passed through the tiny gap in the curtains. I could feel the heat radiate on my body...but that was the least of my problems.

Annoyed and frustrated that the stupid thing wouldn't stop, I grabbed it and threw it across the room. Due to the force used when it collided with the wall it shattered sending pieces everywhere. Then my door swung open revealing my mother.

I groaned pulling the blanket over my head knowing she was going to pull the curtains. I heard the curtains being pulled over the rod then, without any warning, my blanket was pulled from over my head and off my body.

I screeched like a vampire turning and tossing on the bed, my eyes were partially closed allowing little light in. My eyes adjusted and I rolled over on my back looking up at my mother that stood at the foot of my bed. "Get up Jayden, you have classes." She spoke in an annoyed and orderly tone. I was about to whine when she shot me a 'get the fuck up before I get you up' look.

I closed my mouth and began crawling out of bed like the undead out of a grave as she walked out to make us breakfast like she always does. I stood rubbed my eye as I made my way to the bathroom. "And quit destroying your alarm clocks. I don't have an endless supply to just give you every time you decide to damage one." She yelled from somewhere.

Going through my usual routine. I brush my teeth, took a shower, fixed my hair and got dressed for another day of hell. While in the shower I put on my playlist sing each and every song that came one. Starting with my favorite ... at least on that playlist.

Hey

Havana, ooh na-na (ay)
Half of my heart is in Havana, ooh-na-na (ay, ay)

I sang along waiting patiently for the best part to come on.

Jeffery

Just graduated, fresh on campus, mm
Fresh out East Atlanta with no manners, damn
Bump on her bumper like a traffic jam
Hey, I was quick to pay that girl like Uncle Sam (here you go, ay).

...

After about seven songs I got out of the shower dried myself and did my hair. I didn't bother to put on any makeup because I have any mark or pimples so why not show it off. No disrespect if you do, you're still beautiful with or without... Unless you have a bad personality then your ugly overall, with or without pimples.

I pulled on my blue ripped jeans with a t-shirt the said 'BFF she thinks I'm crazy' and slipped my Nike shoe on my feet. I grabbed my stuff for class then proceeded to leave my room and into the kitchen for breakfast. I could smell pancakes and syrup in the air, it was intoxicating and I've been craving pancakes for a while now.

I turned the corner my mother and Emily at the island enjoy pancakes. I stopped, eyeing the pancakes and licked my lips as a sign of admiration.  The plate that sat in the of that middle counter had two pancakes left. Mom had already finished eating and was now sipping on her tea that was in a portable cup. She looked over at me as she got up, "Finally ready." She said making Em aware of my presence.

"I have to go," she then pointed to us. "and is that a new best friends t-shirt y' all are wearing," she asked walking over to me, I nodded and she sighed. "Enjoy the pancakes you've been bothering me about for the last week." She said kissing my cheek then walked out the garage door, but not before grabbing her stuff. As the door was about to shut she spoke, "Remember to come straight home we're going to welcome the new neighbor." She stated.