The Party

Spooky High, a school for all types of monsters. It's been 2 months since I started attending this place. It hasn't really been easy getting used to it, but I've managed to make some friends at least. They're a bit..... weird, but they're cool to hang out with. And then there's the popular students. Some of them are nice, the others.... not so much. I try not to let it get to me, even though they made my life a living hell when I first started here. Things calmed down a bit after that. I still keep an eye out just in case they try anything. Usually I just spend my time wondering the halls or sitting underneath the tree in the Outdoors. But not today. I got caught up in an argument between Vera Oberlin, a gorgon who is as fierce as she is dangerous, and Damien LaVey, a demon prince that absolutely loves making trouble. They couldn't decide whether to organize a well planned heist or straight up burning down the bank. And for some reason I happened to be around when they started throwing blunt objects at each other. Now I'm stuck making a decision that doesn't involve me.

Vera-*her hair hisses* Don't you understand that burning the place down would leave us with NOTHING?!!

Damien-*pissed off* They'll never see it coming!! And while they're busy getting burned alive, we run in and out with the cash!

Vera- If we don't die first!!! *looks at her with impatience* You, cat girl, are you done wasting my time and decided already?

_______- My name is _______, by the way...

Damien- Whatever, noob. You better pick my idea or else.

Vera- If your smart enough, you'll choose MY strategic plan.

Greeeaaat.... my neck is on the line. I can't catch a break, man. I thought for a bit and came up with something that might ease the two of them and keep me from taking a trip to the morgue.

_______-*nervous* How about using both ideas in a way that benefits both of you. Damien can cause a fire in front of the bank as a distraction while Vera works her way inside the bank's vault without being spotted. And if there's security cameras or alarms, Damien can destroy the fuse box that connects to them from the outside.

They stare at me with a serious expression. I can't tell if it worked or not. This might be the end for me... They look at each other and somehow they look... pleased?

Vera-*smirk* Who knew the new girl would be useful for something. Not bad~

Damien-*demonic smile* Heheh, I like it! This should be loads of fun.

_______-*sigh of relief* Yeah. Sooo, can I go now?

Vera- Sure. Go ahead. But we might need you for future crime decisions.

After that awful moment, I bolted out of there. Geez, why do I have to deal with these things. During lunchtime, I sat next to Vicky and Oz. We just chatted like usual. I told them about what happened and they couldn't help but laugh. I don't blame them. It was pretty crazy.

Oz- Are you guys going to the party tonight?

Vicky- I don't know... Last time I lost my left arm in the crowd and had to buy a new one on the web.

Oz-*sad* Aw come on, Vic. It'll be fun. What about you, _______? You coming?

_______- I'm not sure. Besides, I might be busy tonight.

Vicky- Doing what? Watching tv? Boooring.

Oz- Pleeaase~ You promised you would go with us at least once.

_______- No, I said I'd consider it. But I never said I would actually go.

Oz- Come ooon. Brian and Amira will be there too.