Chapter 2

During Carson's game at noon today, I'm sitting on blankets with mama, mom, and my siblings watching Carson and the game when I'm tapped on the shoulder causing me to jump and let out a small 'eep'.

Turning towards the shoulder that was tapped, I see a guy who attends the same school as me. I think his name is Rylan King. Raising an eyebrow at him as I start to pet Ryker's head and body to calm myself. It's not that I'm afraid or don't like Rylan, I just don't know him. Rylan is the football teams quarterback and the school's 'golden boy'.

Rylan is handsome, very handsome and I can totally understand why all the girls at the school drool over him. He's probably six feet tall, muscular but not too much, nicely tanned skin, shorty messy dirty blond hair with the most beautiful hazel-green eyes that you could become lost in.

"Hey," I mumble out still staring at him trying to figure out why he's here let alone talking to me.

Rylan smiles broadly showing off his perfectly straight and blindingly white teeth. "I thought I saw you sitting here and wanted to come and say hello to you and your sister."

Rylan shrugs not shalantly as he waves at the rest of my family and me as he says with his smile growing, "So, hello."

The rest of the family greet him back with Jaimi drooling, not literally but you get what I'm saying as she mumbles her hello as he cheeks brighten with a light blush.

"Are you friends with either Jaymes-Conner or Jaimi-Constanie?" mama asks, her voice hinting at 'mama-bear' mode coming through as she eyes him up and down as Rylan squats down next to me.

"No but I would love to become friends with both of them if they would let me," he replies flashing us a winning smile, showing off a set of dimples that made me want to stick my finger inside to see how deep they really are.

"You are more than welcome to sit with us for awhile," mom offers as she discreatly winks at me causing me to look down at my hands and blush a deep cherry red. Mom must have figured out that I think Rylan's handsome.

Yes, my family is aware of my sexuality, I haven't hidden it but it's not like I have ever had or will have a boyfriend. Who would want to date someone like me. I know I'm different and have my quarks about me that most wouldn't want to deal with. I'm surprised that even my family deals with me without hating me.

Rylan nods and thanks her as he sits down next to me after mom and Cameron move over enough to make room for him. He turns slightly and waves at someone and I look to see a woman whom I am going to say is his mom and there is a girl next to him that's probably his sister.

"So, Rylan, who are you here watching?" mama asks as Jaycob-Tyler climbs into her lap the best her can so that he doesn't squish the baby in mama's belly.

"My younger half-brother, Gavin," he answers her as he points to number 13 on Carson's team. "Who are you guys here for?" he asks as he scans the teams looking to probably find a child that looks like us.

"Our brother, he's number 17," I say point to him as he comes of the field and takes a water bottle and sits on the bench.

"Carson-Michael is your borther?" Rylan asks me surprised. All of us nod confused as to how he knew him. "Gavin talks about him all the time, he says that he and Carson-Michael are friends."

All of us smile at him as it finally clicks with all of us that Gavin Saunders was Rylan's half-brother. By the end of Carson's game all of us were having a great time with Rylan and I started to relax some around him.

Standing to gather the blankets and the picnic basket that mama had packed that morning with snacks and drinks for all of us, Rylan finally takes in my uniform and Jaimi's as well.