Letter #6

Six:

It was now day seven of Luke's hiatus, and the world had now been informed

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

It was now day seven of Luke's hiatus, and the world had now been informed. A statement had been written by Luke's management, since he didn't exactly have the right words and didn't actually want to take a break, stating that Luke would be taking a break to focus on himself and would return to music next year. His fans were devastated, of course, but wished him well which reassured him somewhat.

Luke was currently sat in the waiting room of his therapists office, his knee bobbing up and down as he waited in boredom for his therapist to call him in. He had started therapy a little over a year ago, as recommended by his friends and coworkers, and so he got in touch with a private therapist– who billed over $100 an hour– but she was the best of the best, and Luke believed she was helping him.

"Thanks, Jane. I'll see you in a few weeks– enjoy your holiday. Take care." Wendy, Luke's therapist, said before spotting him. "Afternoon, Luke, come on in."

He didn't say anything as he stood from his chair, phone clutched in his hand, and headed into Wendy's office, sitting on the black, plush chair in front of her desk. Wendy was slightly older than Luke– he had guessed that she was in her late thirties to early forties, although she had never told him her actual age. He didn't know much about her, just that she had two kids, was married and rather enjoyed his music.

"How are you today?" Wendy asked as she took a seat at her desk, fiddling with her pen as she waited for Luke to respond. She felt bad for the boy; throughout their time together, she had managed to crack him open and now Luke was more open with his feelings, and he had been through a lot emotionally.

"Fine, I guess." Luke sighed. He didn't know what he wanted to talk about with Wendy today, he wasn't in the mood to speak to anyone and he wasn't in the mood for a lecture from Wendy. Admittedly, he did give Wendy a hard time, but he appreciated her more than she knew. Without her, Luke would be even more of a complicated mess than he already was.

"Just fine?" Wendy asked. "How's writing going?"

The mention of Luke's career made him roll his eyes and slump back in his chair. "Didn't you hear? I'm on sabbatical."

Wendy raised her eyebrows, surprised to hear about this. From what she knew about Luke, he was very passionate about his job, and was writing whenever he got the chance. She wasn't even aware that Luke was thinking of taking a break, even though he wasn't.

"I didn't realise you were taking a break." She said.

"Neither did I." Luke said. "Management recommended it. Now, I have nothing to do."

"Why do you think they recommended it?" She asked.

"Because of everything that happened with Mia, I suppose. I haven't really been myself, or the easiest person to work with." Luke huffed. "I probably deserve it."