Not the End of the World

After what was my third shower of the day, hey it was hot and make-up sex was a sweaty business, Matt and I curled up together on the family room sofa. He had me wedged between his body and the back of the sofa with my head resting on his chest. My eyes were drifting closed as his fingers sifted through my hair. It should have been weird, laying there in silence in the middle of the afternoon after the chaos of the previous twenty-four hours but it wasn't. For a start Matt wasn't allowed to speak but more importantly there was nothing we needed to say. His arms around me were secure, my grip on him was tight and we were both confident that whatever fate threw at us we'd be able to handle.

Except maybe the sound of the front door slamming as the rest of the band arrived in response to the message Matt had sent them.

"Fuck Zacky what the hell is wrong with you? Are you going through early 'manopause' or something?" Johnny griped as he followed a sullen looking Zacky into the centre of the room. They were followed by a sphinx like Brian and a concerned looking Brooks.

Matt reached around me and tapped something out on his phone. He flashed the screen at me.

Maybe I will sell the house after all. Then we can move and not give these fuckers a key.

I gurgled out a laugh. Four sets of eyes turned to us.

"About fucking time. So now we can talk about how Shadz and Caitie are doing it, right?" Johnny said with a smirk. Brian's hand whipped out so fast to slap him on the back of the head it was a blur.

"You got your shit sorted?" Brian raised an eyebrow, "Cause seriously that shit needs to happen. I've got both Steph and Michelle screeching in my ear about this and honest to fuckin' god their voices are ringing in my head so hard it's like I've got fuckin' tinnitus." He popped a hip. "Brian tell Matt he's a douche. Brian make him tell her he loves her. Brian share some of your wisdom with him." That last gem had him smirking. Matt gave him a thunderous look.

Brooks took a seat beside Matt who edged us both into an upright position. Obviously they were all here for more information about Matt's throat. I tried to edge away and leave them to their conversation but Matt had an arm clamped around my shoulder and wasn't letting me go anywhere.

Brooks gave Matt a gentle shove in the shoulder with his fist. "Glad you two got things sorted out." Matt gave him a nod of acknowledgment and a thumbs up. I smiled and murmured, "Thanks."

Zacky dropped into one of the armchairs and crossed his arms with a scowl as Brian and Johnny shoved at each other in an attempt to claim the other. Brian was picking himself off the floor and grumbling as he sat on the chaise section of the sofa when Zacky finally spoke.

"Yippee. Love's fucking great. Matt and Caitie have finally sorted their shit out and admitted what the rest of us have fucking known for months. They're together. Fucking wonderful. Now can the rest of us move on from the hair-braiding and fucking slumber party talk before I grow a vagina so we can discuss what is actually important; the way we fucking earn a living." Zacky barely paused in his bitter rant to draw a breath.

I felt Matt stiffen up beside me and one glance at him told me exactly what he was going to do. As he opened his mouth to blast Zacky I clapped a hand over it to stop him speaking. "No talking!" I ordered. Matt's eyes were still shooting daggers at Zacky but I felt the tip of his tongue poke out from between his lips to lick my palm. I gave him a wry smile.

Brooks and Brian just sat blinking in surprise after Zacky's onslaught but surprisingly it was Johnny who spoke up. "What the actual fuck man? Jesus Zack, what kind of fucking asshole are you? You dickheads always give me shit for saying the wrong thing, but holy shit man that was uncalled for. Time and place man, time and fucking place!"