Hide and Seek

Imagine Niall playing hide and seek with his child.

"1...2...3..." his 4 year-old starts counting

"No peeking!" Niall laughs as his son looks through his fingers, trying to get a glimpse of which way Niall heads.

"...4...5...6...7..."

Once his child turns toward the corner, Niall rushes off to go hide.

"...8...9...10. Ready or not, here I come" Immediately, the sound of his tiny feet running fills the house. Niall hears the faint sound of doors opening and closing as his son continues his mission.

"Are you in here?...nope" Niall can't help the smile that spreads across his face when his child answers his own question.

"Have you seen Daddy?" He asks as he makes his way along the hallway. Niall doesn't hear any response, but, since his son enters the guest bedroom, he figures his wife gave away his location. Niall watches his son move around the room, checking every crevice. Soon, he stops right in front of where he is hiding.

"You found me! Good job!" Niall's face lights up the second they come face-to-face; his son erupts in giggles.

"Why are you under the bed, daddy?!"

"It was a good spot, right?" Niall begins to crawl out. The happiness of his child makes the ache in his joints worthwhile.