1.02 Watch your mouth!

Once the Qing twins left and the rest of the kids dispersed, the Hu siblings finally had some time for themselves. They sat down on the bench below the tree.

"Haa... First Sister, num num, I thought that you were really going to pierce his eye with that hairpin." Hu Cheng Se was eating two kinds of sweets at the same time. "Mother and Third Sister are godly! How the heck did they make these?!"

"Second Sister, please put down your food and empty your mouth before you talk," Hu Bai said, looking at Hu Cheng Se's crumb-covered face and food-filled mouth.

Hu Ye ate slowly, savoring every bit of the flavor, reluctant to swallow it all at once.

"Eldest Sister is very scary. I should take note to never cross her in this life," Hu Cheng Se said in a low voice.

Hu Ye, who was sitting beside her, heard her clearly and bluntly said, "Why do you need to be afraid of her? She is just a protective old woman, no need to be scared or anything."

Suddenly, a flash of light sparked in the corner of Hu Bai's eyes. "Ahh?! Who did you just call old?"

"Whoever reacted." He gave a mischievous smile.

"You brat!" Hu Bai sprung to her feet. Hu Ye was even faster as he ran and managed to get away from her clutches.

"Come back here!" Hu Bai ran after him and they ended up playing chase like a cat and a dog. "Ahg! Hu Ye, stop! Come here!"

"Ahahah, catch me, catch me!"

"Sheesh, those two are fooling around again. Even though heaven and earth blessed them, they are still children. Very childish. Don't you agree, little sister?" Hu Cheng Se said before gobbling her brother's and sister's share that they left behind.

When Hu Cheng Se did not hear Hu Zi's reply, she became worried. "Sister?"

"Hm?" Hu Zi was eating; her eyes were closed. "Yeah..."

Hu Cheng Se felt lost. When her sister was feeling down like this, Hu Cheng Se could do nothing but silently comfort her.

Later, after they finished their food, Hu Zi went back to the Hu residence while the rest of her siblings attended the afternoon class.

Tomorrow night, there would be the Winter Welcoming Festival, a special event that was held every year at the start of the cold season. Hu Zi helped her mother and maids prepare the clothes.

Unlike the previous years, it seems that this year their parents wouldn't be able to accompany them. The Great General was summoned to the palace, and their mother was invited to a feast with some other housewives.

-----

"Now, take care of each other."

"Yes, Mother!" The Hu siblings spoke simultaneously.

They had finally arrived at the festival area, which was not far from the palace. Their mother smiled and closed the carriage door, the carriage beginning to move away.

"We should go."

Holding each others' hands, the four siblings marched together towards the festival. Their house guards following closely behind.

As expected, the road was crowded, filled with many different people of all ages. So many stalls and so many people. The hustle bustle made the siblings feel very excited.

Although she couldn't see the various beautiful red lanterns, Hu Zi was very excited too. They dove into the sea of people with Hu Bai in the lead. After looking at them marching together, crowds would automatically part to give them some space to walk through.