1.006 Will to learn

Although the Great General, Hu Quan Li, assured the siblings that Hu Zi would be fine, the Hu siblings were very worried because Shou's way of training was actually too harsh.

Shou made her fly around in the dark, swim even though she did not know how to float (she ended up sinking like a stone in the cold water), short marathon-run in the practice ground, fight a wild boar, race with a horse, climb trees, do push ups, sit ups, tree trunk barbels, and much more.

But Hu Zi improved pretty quickly because of this extremely harsh training. Slowly, she managed to master 'feel' and was able to sense the wind's movement by emitting her energy and sending it with the wind. She learned the way to feel and sense the air, it was like a radar in the dark to Hu Zi.

As time passed by, Hu Zi's body became stronger and stronger. She could host an abundant amount of energy within her body, her healing period also shortened. The energy that Hu Zi could house within her tiny body was the same as a grown up.

One day, Hu Zi tried to walk in the house alone without anyone guiding her. She could 'feel' the stiff and strong walls without even touching them. Little by little, she walked. Getting out of the training hall and walking into the long corridor, then taking turns here and there to finally find the small courtyard that was located near the practice hall.

"How is it?" asked Shou, he flew from the practice hall and landed in the small courtyard. Shou picked Hu Zi up. She teared up and placed both her hands on Shou's clothes and choked. Being a stubborn girl and not wanting Shou to look at her crying face, she buried herself within his embrace. "Ugh... master..."

Hu Bai, Hu Cheng Se, and Hu Ye were actually eavesdropping behind the small courtyard gate. Hu Cheng Se pushed the gate a bit, opening it to reveal Shou and Hu Zi. The three siblings saw their third sister's emotional face. They looked at each other and nodded, tacitly agreeing on something.

This is best for her.

Three to five times a month, Master Shou would take Hu Zi to the mountain to train her body and build up the energy inside of it. With her body getting stronger, she leveled up her capability of hosting energy. Usually, when they went back, Shou would carry Hu Zi on his back because she was either full of bruises or unconscious.

Fortunately, Shou would give her a one-day break every time they went back. For someone who practiced Wu Feng and had the help of a certain bitter tea, this one day was enough for her to rest her body.

Today was the same. Hu Zi's body was wrapped in bandages, looking even worse than a mummy.

"You okay, sis?" Hu Ye saw his sister struggle to place a spoonful of soup into her mouth.

"Yes, I'm fine." As soon as she said it, her spoon fell back into the bowl. "Now, not so fine."

Hu Ye lightly chuckled. Hu Zi's right hand was badly hurt because she fell near the waterfall yesterday. It was currently wrapped in five layers of bandage. Hu Zi could not move her fingers.

"Here, I will help you." Hu Ye loved his three sisters, but he was most gratified with Hu Zi because her age was the closest to his own. "Open up."

Hu Ye fed Hu Zi her soup until there was nothing left in the bowl. Hu Zi was actually feeling embarrassed at having to be fed by someone younger than her, and a male at that, but she knew that there was no use in arguing about it.

In the Hu household, the number of guards stationed was twice the amount of other high-level noble households, but the number of servants was only half the normal amount, consisting of only housekeepers, cooks, gardeners, etc. But no personal servants. The children were accustomed to serving themselves.