1.005 First Training

The voice of an old man was heard, causing the two youngsters to halt. Their faces became dark. Visible beads of cold sweat could be seen on their foreheads.

This voice belongs to—?!

It can't be! He said he will be back pretty late today! Don't tell me he came back early because a wind master is coming here?

Gulp!

Fa Sui's body shook. He slowly moved his eyeballs and looked to his left where the source of voice had come from. Fa Sui saw someone with white hair that was tied up neatly. When he saw the grim expression on that wrinkled face, Fa Sui trembled.

Shiz! I am screwed!

"What do you think you are doing? Making a fuss right in front of the entrance gate? Are you trying to embarrass your master's family, ah?" Fa Rong asked, his brilliant eyes shone even though his body could no longer walk normally. His legs might be unable to function normally like they used to in the olden days but his hearing was still sharp. He called in a firm tone. "Sui, I thought I told you to finish your homework a week ago?"

The corner of Falcon's eyes twitched. He looked at Fa Sui and communicated with his eyes.

Really, a week ago? He asked with disbelief.

Shuush! Fa Sui panickedly replied to him.

Fa Sui faced his uncle and nervously told him.

"Uh...umm Uncle, don't you think I have too much homework? I mean twenty books in a week is a bit... I am still a growing boy that also needs time to play and build a healthy social life."

"Because you are trying to find excuses, I will double your homework for this week."

"..."

Fa Sui could not say anything. He glanced at Falcon, calling for help. Falcon only shook his head slightly.

There was no helping it.

"Also, remember to buy the ingredients in this list for me." Fa Rong handed him a scroll full of herbs' names and a small amount of money. "Falcon, I will tell Zhi Yu that you are skipping again."

Fa Sui and Falcon's dark expressions turned pale, their faces now devoid of any color. They glanced strongly at each other before nodding at the same time. With a nervous fast-beating heart, Falcon gave the signals.

One, two, run for it!

The two boys ran away from Fa Rong as fast as they could. "Eh, ah! Wait! You naughty kids, stop! Come back here!"

"Sorry, Uncle. A boy's gotta have some fun!" Fa Sui said while climbing to the roof. "I will be back and finish the homework later on."

-----

Meanwhile,

Hu Zi and her father were about to go to the main house when they were met someone familiar.

"Good morning, General!" A man flew and landed right in front of them.

"Morning, Shou lad." The Great General was holding Hu Zi's hand and guiding her. He showed a helpless smile.

Hu Quan Li was already in his forties, being one of the youngest Great Generals in Jin history. His eyes were calm and clever, body healthy and strong. This Great General of Jin was one of the most formidable opponents in the continent. He used to be one of the late emperor's loyal attendants, having gone to countless wars with the late emperor.

The late emperor was the current emperor's younger brother from a different mother. It is said that he died of a certain injury he attained.

The late emperor really valued Great General Hu's skill and loyalty that before he passed away, he introduced him to his cousin from his mother's side, Hua Tian Mi, who then became Hu Quan Li's only wife. The late emperor also gifted this huge manor to him.