Selling Talents (Part 1)

As they chatted amiably, a little boy was running towards the pavilion, a grin on his face.

"Xiao Yu! " he called out.

The maidens and kunze stopped their conversations and everyone present simultaneously sent meaningful looks towards the blushing kunze.

This little boy was known to be Xiao Yu's most ardent 'beau'. The first amongst them to actually conversed with the kunze, the first to claim friendship, the most frequent visitor during his arrival, and all other 'first's.

Despite being younger, the boy refuses to call him by a more respectful manner, hollering 'Xiao Yu' everytime they met.

It was frankly, adorable.

He also went around telling everyone who would listen, that  'One day, when I'm old enough, I'm going to marry Xiao Yu!'.

Not so adorable.

At least, from Xiao Yu's point of view. He felt a bit greasy, thinking about it. 'No thank you, I'm not a pedo! ' kept running through his head whenever he was teased on the matter.

He might be a blossoming teenager in this world, but with the added memories from the life he left behind, he is very well aware that mentally, 'Xiao Yu' is the oldest person in the room.

"Xiao Yu! Xiao Yu! Big news!" the young boy yelled excitedly, even as his sturdy legs pumped their way up to the pavilion.

Flinging himself amongst smiling flowers, his happy nature was infectious. The occupants began teasing their young intruder.

"How bold!"
"Which household did this person came from?"
"Ah!  This is no good! A strange gentleman!"

All sorts of flighty, giddy responses erupted, as if the boy was in any way a danger to their "fragile" good reputation.

Ignoring them, Xiao Yu instinctively took out his ever present handkerchief, tucked within his sleeves and wiped away the slight perspiration on his face.

Smiling smugly at the rest of the ladies present, as if showing off Xiao Yu's attentive care for him, and thus inviting a burst of laughter from everyone, the boy shared his 'big news'.

Teacher Xu broke his legs!

Alarm broke out.