Chapter 29

Let me just say, the next few months flew by.

Everything I'd ever desired to do started to slowly fall into place. When I got off work for the summer, Marco and I had found a nice two bedroom house that was near both of our jobs, and were pooling our money to buy it. Soon enough, it was possible for us to book a date to move in. We scheduled it for about a week after our already planned honeymoon. Yeah, honeymoon. I didn't expect me to be the person to get married either.

We'd already picked out my dress, and it was modest, covering up most of me. All I really cared about was making Marco my one and only. Somehow life found a way to tug us apart and bring us back together again in the end. Even though I was supposed to be getting married in a little less than two weeks, another pressing event in my life was holding my attention.

"I hate you!"

"Shut up and push!" I yelled back as Stacy lay on the delivery table . Dustin was holding her other hand as she gripped mine.

Her face was bright red and sweaty, the second hour of her labor was taking a toll on her. Tears springing from her eyes, she grit her teeth. The nurses and doctors were waiting expectantly for the baby - one that they'd waited to know the gender and to name.

So far, it had been two hours since her labor started, and I knew that she was about done with this whole 'having babies' situation. As of currently, I do not want babies.

Stacy crunched my hand in hers and I saw Dustin was feeling the same way. I'd hate to see this woman on steroids.

My sister closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths in between contractions. The doctor waved over a nurse who was holding a blanket and they said something behind their masks that I couldn't decipher. All Stacy did was nod and give it another push. The next thing I knew, the doctors all looked extremely happy and some high fived each other. They had been the same team when Stacy was nineteen and lost her first baby. They were there for her yet again, and Stacy had told me that she was even friends with one of the head delivery nurses.

A little bundle of white and green blanket was hurried out by the nurse, per my sister's want that they have the baby looked over before she got her hopes too high. Everyone knew she was scared.

Dustin brushed back her hair from her face and she leaned into his arm that was resting by her head, tears still streaming down her face. Only now, she was smiling and laughing a bit too. It must be sort of surreal - growing a life inside you and then having to safely deliver it into the world.

She loosened her grip on my hand and then squeezed, getting my attention. "Abira?' she said, and I could tell she was tired.

I nodded.

"You're naming the baby."

"W-what?" I knew she'd brought this up to me before, but I didn't think she'd actually have me do it.

Stacy tapped Dustin to talk for her as nurses started cleaning the room. "We talked about it a hundred times," he said and was grinning from ear to ear, waiting for them to bring the baby into the room. "It's only right for you to."

I shook my head. "You're the parents."

"Which is why we made this decision." He explained. "Stacy wanted to show how much she cares. We both did, sis."

I smiled but continued to shake my head. "Dustin, I know how much you two love me. Naming your baby isn't something I need to do. I don't even have a name yet!"

He chuckled. "It'll come to you. Caleb wasn't named until a day after he was born. The name just sort of fit for him."

Caleb was being taken care of by Marco in the waiting area. We had all become so thankful for him. When I had told Stacy about Marco and I, all she told me was that she saw it from the start. I couldn't blame her; apparently to everyone else, it was clear as day.