Epilouge

Heat filled my cheeks like crimson. Warmth and sunshine in my arms, close to my chest, a little breath within my grasp. There had been so much that lead me in life.

My parents raising me the way that they did, the fact that they weren't there made me yearn for others to be there for me; and I wanted to be there for others. My sister's trials making me wonder about other people's world's.

Blaire's constant nagging and brutal bullying, turning into a broken person made me understand that everyone has a problem. Not everyone is perfect.

Jasper.

He made me realize how not everyone who looks like a fantasy is; you can't trust everyone who offers their hand. Because some people lend their hand out to you, to see the light in your face, only to loosen their grip and watch you fall, a relentless glare, a tease in their eyes because you don't know that they can't deal with their own problems.

Sunshine hides behind every cloud and that each chapter of life is not going to be alright.

There is good behind every bad deed.

Everyone has a little sinister in their eyes.

Marco.

Even if life throws you so far you don't recognize yourself, there's someone who will. He knew me when I couldn't bring myself to.

So I finish this with all the love I have in my being, knowing that through every trial I hope that life doesn't give anyone perfection: I want everyone to find that grey area.

The place that is niether perfect nor a living depression of a shadow, but a grey area. A little, warm and cool grey area.

My high horse bucked me off a few times I'll tell you that much. Marco made me realize you have to love yourself enough to love others.

With his arms around me, I cradled the life that I wanted to exist forever. The cooing and the giggles I'd miss out on, yes, but the smiles. The bright eyes you hold that are so wonderfully defined with your round cheeks.

"He's perfect." Marco signed.

"Just like you," I replied with a smile.

The bottle stuck out of Owen's mouth, his lips gently moving as his eyes fluttered shut and opening to get a gimpse of us. He never wanted to sleep fully when we held him - his wide eyes always wanted to look at us.

So, though it's short and imperfect, Owen made me realize life is important. His life is important. And for that I have a renewed sense of pride. Of honor.

This child, our child, was the image of the imperfect perfection that life is. Owen had Marco's eyes and my Auburn hair, his skin a beautiful olive with rosey cheeks.

Life throws you for a loop so you know how to enjoy the good things it'll give you.

"Marco," I breathed effortlessly and rubbed his cheek as I nestled into him, Owen nuzzled into my chest. "We made it."

He kissed my forehead and I felt his chest rise and fall to a beat. I memorized the feeling. Marco's chest rising, the baby's breathing against me, and the warm feeling that was all around. Family had it's warm embrace around me.

I stopped pitying myself.

Owen didn't deserve to know a mother who pitied herself. Owen desrved the world.

Whether he was deaf or hearing didn't matter to me. If my child was healthy, happy, and as strong as we could make him, he would be perfect. I don't think any parent believes that the world deserves their child - but our child deserves the world.

So, there we were. Laying on the couch, all nestled up, star wars playing in the background.

Dare I say, life's perfect.

_________________________

A/N

The end...

Dun dun dun!

I know the epilogue is short but I never intended to write one in the first place, this was solely just a flush of emotion that I felt for the characters. It's poorly written but I felt like I had to get it out on paper.

Well ... Digital paper...

So for now, ta ta, and look forward to the authors note chapter coming out next update.